Personal Injury - EL/PL
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
£32,000 - £40,000
A top 100 defendant firm based in the heart of Leicester require a Solicitor to join their Casualty team on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
The casualty team provides a full, expert service in defending public and employers' liability claims, particularly workplace, public sector and claims against the emergency services.
The successful Casualty Solicitor will effectively manage a litigated caseload of claims from local authority and insurance clients and to provide support to the national team in the form of assisting in the preparation of witness statements, preparing witnesses for trial, attending conferences with counsel and attending trial.
- Specialise in acting on behalf of various local authorities, claims handlers and insurers, protecting their interests
- Manage a caseload of litigated claims
- Assist the team manager and other team members with their cases, client development, client training, networking and potentially public speaking where required
- Liaise with various parties such as other solicitors, insurers, experts, counsel and clients
- Control Case Manager diary and action lists
- Attend at court hearings as appropriate
- Draft various documents such as letters and reports
- Perform billing duties, ensuring bills are paid in a timely manner
- Experience of defending litigated claims, preferably claims against public authorities
- Willingness to present cases in the county court
- Excellent knowledge of the CPR and litigation
Apply now for immediate consideration!
Please contact Emily Flewitt, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker. Please see our website www.douglas-scott.co.uk for more legal positions.