FTC / Locum Civil Litigation Property Solicitor
Locum / 3 month FTC Civil Litigation - Fee Earner/Solicitor (Consumer and Property)
Salary - 35-40k per annum / Competitive hourly rate for Locum
Location - Wakefield
This role will provide legal advice regarding civil litigation, handling a portfolio of cases regarding a range of property and consumer disputes and will manage the progression of the cases through to completion in a competent and effective manner.
* Responsible for a portfolio of civil litigation matters, predominantly in relation to consumer and property law disputes, proactively manage these to settlement or hearing in a competent and effective manner.
* Ownership of the client relationship ensuring that the right outcome is achieved, and the client's claim is optimized.
* Negotiate with third parties to ensure we receive the best settlement figures for our clients in a proactive and timely manner.
* Drafting Court proceedings, adhering to court directions and timescales, preparing relevant documents for disclosure, submitting evidence and instructing Counsel/other appropriate experts as required.
* Always ensure that the interest of the customer and the company are protected.
* Ensure that you keep up to date with all changes within legal services including case law, legislation and other developments
* Ability to work with a task-based case management system to ensure regular contact is maintained with all clients, providing exceptional customer service and managing their expectations.
* Perform to a high level in a target orientated environment.
* To undertake any other tasks as deemed relevant and reasonable by the business.
* Support other fee earners in the team in relation to consumer and property queries as required.
* Provide training to Legal Helpline Advisors on consumer and property issues.
* Qualified solicitor or Fellow of CILEx with previous experience managing a caseload of Civil litigation matters from inception through to settlement.
* Demonstrable experience in relation to running property cases, including seeking injunctive relief and damages for clients or defending such proceedings
* Working knowledge of consumer rights and applicable legislation
* Accountable for achieving objectives in a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining high standards of work quality and client care.
* Excellent negotiator with strong communication skills.
* Competent working with a case management system and good knowledge of Excel and Word.
* Good attention to detail, organisational skills and excellent time management.
* Customer centric approach.
If you wish to be considered urgently then please apply above.
Please contact Riley Hindson, Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.Please see our website www.douglas-scott.co.uk for more Legal IT positions.