Legal and Compliance Counsel
SPD are currently recruiting for a Legal and Compliance Counsel to join our UK based Legal Team. Reporting directly to the General Legal Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer in Geneva, the successful person will be accountable for providing legal and compliance support and advice to internal clients including the Site Lead Team at SPD Development Company Ltd. This will include support to other companies of the SPD group such as Swiss Precision Diagnostics GmbH or Trading Shanghai (together “SPD”) on a range of legal matters.
The position requires familiarity with health regulations and the medical devices sector, and a keen interest in R&D, Innovation and IP protection with an international outlook.
- Independently provide legal advice, support, risk assessment and manage legal issues to a group of internal clients, as defined within the Legal team, managing their requests and providing feedback on the status to other Legal team members.
- Act as a business partner, building strong relationships with the internal client group to become a trusted and respected advisor, reducing risk and providing business oriented practical solutions in a timely manner while remaining firm on critical compliance issues.
- Negotiate and draft agreements, correspondences or any other documents with templates where possible.
- Spot compliance issues early within internal client groups and address such issues in close coordination with the GC & CCO.
- Manage translation of specialist advice if so agreed with GC & CCO and manage budget and provision of services.
- Develop, propose and agree with Legal team on conducting legal and compliance training.
- Qualified Solicitor/Barrister or EU/US qualified Lawyer with at least 2 years post-qualification experience.
- Ideally experience in a widely recognised law firm and/or worked previously in-house and managing litigation.
- Able to successfully handle complex legal and compliance issues, for example drafting and negotiating contracts, and be able to convincingly explain the position.
- Has the ability and expertise to give practical advice that is precise and accurate, seeking attention to detail.
- A deep commitment to integrity and confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate in a non-legal language.
- Able to offer a personable and service-oriented approach.
- May be required to travel occasionally.
What we can offer you
- 25 days paid annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Medical Cash Plan Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Employee Health and Wellbeing Programme
- Free Parking and Electric Car Charging Points
- Subsidised Onsite Café
- Parkland Setting
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you, at any stage during the application process, just let us know how we can help.
Swiss Precision Diagnostics (SPD) was formed in 2007 as a joint venture between Procter & Gamble (P&G) and Alere, now a wholly owned subsidiary of Abbott, to create, using its parent companies’ complementary strengths, one of the world's foremost organisations in consumer diagnostics.
We are a leading supplier of home pregnancy and fertility/ovulation tests. These are products designed to give women a better understanding of their own reproductive health and invaluable guidance in their family planning. Our research interests are in the broad application of innovative technologies for use by the consumer at home. We have a strong focus on women's reproductive health and our goals are in the continuing supply of useful diagnostic products which are accurate, simple and affordable. In the achievement of these goals, we believe that SPD consumer diagnostic products will make increasing contributions to personal healthcare and well-being.
SPD’s Head Office is based in Geneva, Switzerland, and our Innovation Centre is based in Bedford, UK. SPD employs around 180 people.
Apply for Legal and Compliance Counsel
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly