Legal Aid Billing Assistant
We represent a nationwide, Legal 500 firm with over 700 staff seeking to recruit experienced Legal Aid Billing Assistants on a full-time permanent basis due to a substantial increase in work. This is a rewarding opportunity with a large firm who will support your career development.
You will prepare/process claims for legal aid cases and resolve any queries that may arise while processing the claims submitted to the Legal Aid Agency.
- Processing files to be sent to external cost draftsman for bills to be drawn up.
- Processing of Legal Aid bills and ensuring files are sent to the Legal Aid Agency without delay.
- Processing of bills with enclosures to Supreme Court Costs Office.
- Assisting with legal aid payments on account.
- Assisting with payment of Invoices.
- Processing of bills post assessment and preparing final costs certificate.
- Processing bills payable by third parties
- General administration of documents- filing, scanning and archiving
- Liaising with experts.
The Candidate -Key Skills Required:
The successful candidates must have:-
- Extensive experience in processing Civil Legal Aid Bills.
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent numerical skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills with ability to process information using relevant software (databases, spreadsheet packages).
- Business acumen
Experience in supervising will be advantageous
- Excellent training opportunities,
- Vast range of training webinars/e-library.
- Opportunities for career development and progression - role could lead to a Training contract in the future
- Supportive team environment,
- Part-time working,
- Flexible working arrangements/considered,
- Support for appropriate legal awards/recognition,
If this sounds of interest, please apply now for one of our agents to contact you.
Email CV to: email@example.com
To discuss further call: 0203 633 2336
Note: By applying to this vacancy you give Gemini Recruitment Services Limited permission to submit your CV to the hiring company.