Litigation Solicitor - 12 Month Contract
FTC Litigation Solicitor / Team Leader
Term: Ends 3rd July 2020
Salary: £25-45k DOE
Our client is a rapidly growing law firm with offices in Knutsford, specialising in high volume debt recovery and litigation.
They currently have Solicitor vacancies at their Knutsford office. Working in either the pre or post litigation department you will be responsible for a bulk caseload of small claims arising from private Parking Charge Notices. Day to day duties include assessing liability and quantum, drafting court documents alongside standard file handling duties.
Pre and Post Litigation duties include:
* Timely and accurate maintenance of all case management, billing and management information systems
* Complete initial steps in recovery of our Client's outlay and collate outcomes
* Undertake investigations on liability and quantum to provide information to be able to progress the claims if unable to settle
* Assess prospect of success and successfully conclude each case proportionally
* Undertake effective telephone discussions and negotiations to pursue the efficient and appropriate settlement of cases
Post-Litigation duties also include:
* Drafting of all Court documents including Court applications, applications for extension/ reinstating Claims/ lifting stays
* Liaising with Courts, Advocates, Defendants, Defendant' Solicitors and Clients Experts, Witnesses, and third parties to progress the case
* Review and consider case correspondence including special directions and applications to vary and set aside judgments
The ideal candidate will have:
* Minimum of 2 year's post qualification experience, ideally in debt recovery with small claims experience.
* Excellent understanding of volume debt recovery, litigation and costs budgeting
* Have a good working knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules and Pre Action Protocol - from issue to settlement, costs and enforcement in small claims
* Excellent understanding of relevant statutory provisions and case law in respect of liability and quantum
* Law or law based degree/CPE/GDL
* LPC (preferable, but good experience can substitute this)
* Understanding of SRA codes of conduct
* Experience of managing a department
To apply, please send a full CV, experience and whether you are interested in pre or post litigation. An in-depth job description will be provided upon request.
Please contact Riley Hindson, Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.Please see our website www.douglas-scott.co.uk for more Legal IT positions.