Claims Portal Handler
Personal Injury - Portal Claims Handler - Mid Sussex £DOE
A leading law firm with offices across the UK. The firm provide a fully comprehensive list of claims services to the insurance sector from minor incidents all the way through to multi-million-pound catastrophic life changing injury claims. The Sussex team are looking for a an experiecned claims handler to join the team in Haywards Heath.
The firm offer flexible working and time in lieu which can offer an additional 11 days holiday per year!
The role requires an individual to manage a caseload of Fast Track Portal cases through all stages of the Portal, to include litigating to Stage 3 when appropriate.
Your challenge is to deliver a high quality claims handling, with a key focus on client outcomes, to generate fee income as part of an established team and ensure futher success for the team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for a high volume caseload of Fast Track Personal Injury RTA Portal claims, following the MOJ process, making use of the firm's Case Management Systems and using the agreed internal procedures and practices.
- To progress your caseload in a manner to ensure that clients receive appropriate, professional, timely and pertinent legal advice, with regular contact, whilst managing their expectations.
- To identify early those cases where proceedings would be tactically beneficial to litigate and to do so expeditiously.
- Take a practical but commercial approach to settlements and advising clients as to litigation/cost risks.
- To achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to, for example, profit costs, settlements and issuing, without compromising the firm's integrity.
- To liaise appropriately and timely with sources, medical agencies, experts, third party insurers and other relevant parties to ensure that cases are pro-actively progressed.
- To attend, where appropriate, court hearings to make representations in respect of the claim before the judiciary. Where necessary, and in accordance with the firm's internal policies and procedures, to instruct Barristers to represent clients at hearings and obtain formal Advice over issues of quantum.
- Perform to a high level in a target-orientated environment.
- To undertake any other tasks as deemed relevant and reasonable by the business.
The team are looking for an individual with previous experience in a similar role. You should therefore be competent in managing your own caseload of Fast Track RTA Portal claims, as a minimum practical experiecne managing tasks relating to such cases is essential.
Excellent negotiaton and strong communication skills and familiarity with the use of case managementr systems are also required along with an attention to detail and an ability to work efficiently and accurately. Individuals with relevant professional qualifications (CILEx/
FCILEx) willd be viewed as highly desirable.
For further detials please contatc Gary at QED Legal or register your interest online today.