Lay Members for the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy Regulatory Committees
CIPFA is seeking to appoint Independent Members to its Investigations Committee and Regulatory Panel (from which members of Disciplinary and Appeal Committees are drawn) under CIPFA’s Disciplinary Scheme.
- have the ability to understand and analyse complex issues, identify and comprehend relevant facts and follow evidence and arguments;
- have a sound sense of judgement and common sense, the ability to think logically, weigh evidence and reach sound, well-founded decisions, an openness of mind and objectivity;
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work with others in reaching decisions;
- be trustworthy, truthful and honest with an instinct for fair dealing;
- be able to maintain confidentiality;
- be available for an average of 6 days per annum.
Experience of casework and dealing with disputes or complaints is desirable, though not essential.
Successful applicants are required to complete a training programme of one day’s duration. Committee members are paid a daily rate plus travel and subsistence expenses incurred on committee business. Appointments will normally be for a period of 3 to 5 years.
Application packs are available on CIPFA’s website, www.cipfa.org/about-cipfa/volunteers/lay-members-for-cipfa's-regulatory-committees or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org including the words “Recruitment for 2019” in the title. The closing date for applications is 4 November 2019. Interviews will take place during w/c 9 and 16 December 2019 at CIPFA’s offices in Mansell Street, London, E1 8AN.