Why join Simpson Millar & work as a Solicitor within our Employment Law department?
You’ll get the benefit of a well-capitalised, large national firm which still retains its small company, family feel. Flexible working and a relaxed dress code, and importantly colleagues who are on hand to assist your development. We’ve branded ourselves as The Open Lawyers, and that’s a commitment to both our clients and our colleagues.
If you haven’t heard about us, here’s an introduction:
Our history can be traced back for over 170 years, but as of today, we have 11 offices around the UK employing over 500 people (and that’s increasing every month). We’re going through a period of growth and acquisition, backed up by a stable 5-year, investment and growth business plan.
What work will you be doing?
- Running a varied Employment Law caseload, comprising both contentious and non-contentious matters.
- Running claims involving multiple Claimants and/or Respondents.
- Providing advice and assistance to both individuals and employers on a broad range of matters including, complex discrimination claims; TUPE transfers; business restructuring redundancy; dismissal and contractual issues.
- Representing individuals and providing advocacy at hearings in Employment Tribunals and/or civil Courts.
- Providing employment law advice and assistance to trades unions and their members.
- Devising and delivering training packages on all areas of employment law.
What sort of person are we looking for?
We’re looking for a 2-5 year PQE Solicitor to join a thriving nationwide Employment Law Department. Demonstrating a commercial approach to the delivery of employment law services, good practical skills; including proven drafting and negotiation skills, excellent personal organisation skills, and ability to adhere to strict time limits. Some experience of business development e.g. generating new leads/income sources; would also be highly beneficial.
If this sounds like you then please apply. All applications will be acknowledged and are individually reviewed.
For more information about us or any of the roles at Simpson Millar, please see our careers website: https://www.simpsonmillar.careers/
Did you know?
Simpson Millar were one of the first law firms to achieve an Investors in People accreditation.
In addition we were:
Winner of the Personal Injury Awards - 2018
Winner of Claims Management Awards - 2017