Real Estate Solicitor
Ronald Fletcher Baker LLP is a full service law firm with an international outlook. We have a vacancy for a full time Real Estate Solicitor based at our City office in London, EC1.
- Solicitor in the Far East Desk of Real Estate Department
- Manage a case load of real estate (Residential and Commercial) matters.
- Work with other lawyers, including foreign lawyers and professionals
- To use correct office systems and procedures in order to manage cases effectively and in accordance with the standard set by the firm.
- To record all time spent on cases on file and computerised time recording system as required.
- To bill all matters as soon as possible and to use best efforts to achieve fee earning targets set by the firm
- To provide monthly WIP reports as required by the firm’s accounts department.
- To keep a record of all key dates relating to cases on the supervisors and Old Street diary.
- To use best efforts to cross sell other services of the firm to clients
- To observe the firm’s client care standards in dealing with clients
- To keep abreast of developments by reading and research in the area of work and to identify training opportunities.
- Manage and develop client relationships and pursue marketing opportunities
- Keeping up to date with developments in the law and practice of area of specialism and imparting knowledge to other fee earners
- Attend courses and take training opportunities where appropriate
- Setting up and participating in Hong Kong marketing initiatives; speaking at Hong Kong conferences; preparing client pitches/capability statements and procuring work from clients and intermediaries.
Essential skills, qualifications and experience
- Be qualified as solicitor in England and Wales
- Be a native Mandarin and Cantonese speaker
- Advanced level written Chinese is a required.
- Other languages such as Japanese or Korean are preferable.
- Be fluent in English language (both spoken and written) - a very high level of functioning is required.
- Be experienced in private legal practice in the UK
- Have experience in English and Hong Kong jurisdictions
- Be experienced in advising ultra-high net worth individuals, particularly those from China, Hong Kong and East Asia on residential and commercial property related issues.
- Have a Track record of fee earning
- Have significant business development experience
- Have the ability to bring existing client relationships to the firm
- Typing skills in English and Chinese (at least 50-60 words per minute)
Closing date: TBC - 30 calendar days after posting date
For further information please contact Rakeebah Rahim by email at email@example.com
Email your CV and covering letter to Rakeebah Rahim at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ronald Fletcher Baker LLP is an Equal Opportunity employer.
No agencies please.