Data Protection Officer
Privacy Counsel London - Permanent £75-85K basic plus excellent benefits package.
Douglas Scott have partnered with a Global Data Company in West Sussex who are recruiting a Privacy counsel to handle their Data Protection matters.
Privacy lawyer with proven experience in data privacy/ protection who would like to join this exciting Global company.
The in-house legal team is at the very core of our client's success and is at the hub of the business. Reporting into the Head of Legal/Compliance this is a newly created role and you will be given the remit to design and embed the Data Protection/Privacy in the business with the Head of Legal/Compliance.
The successful Privacy Counsel will possess a strong background in data protection, data compliance and have a willingness to ensure Data Protection is embedded at the heart of the business.
Key duties will be:
- Help maintain and enhance the Global Data Privacy compliance programme.
- You will have ownershipa and be responsible for the implementation, development of the companies Privacy programme.
- Drafting and updating internal and external policies and notices
- Implementing best practices, developing training across the group, ensuring that Privacy is at the heart of the business
- Handling Privacy Impact Assessments
- Overseas Data Transfers
- Sub processing
- Risk Assessments
- Working with the Data Privacy Steering Committee.
- Draft and implement consumer-facing policies and best practices across global business units
- Working with senior stakeholders regarding GDPR/ Data Protection
The ideal Privacy Counsel will a qualified Solicitor and have a strong background in Data Protection/Privacy. CIPPE/IAPP is an advantage. This role will suit someone looking for their first move In-House
This is an excellent opportunity, please apply now for further information.
Please contact Lisa Spink, Managing Consultant - In House, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott Legal Recruitment is an In House Legal Recruitment expert and the UK's leading businesses trust us with their Legal vacancies. You can therefore apply for our In House Legal jobs with confidence. We are a regulated Recruitment Consultancy and will discuss this role, and seek your approval, before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our website (www.douglas-scott.co.uk) for more In House Legal jobs in the UK.