Head of Legal
Milton Keynes is a rapidly expanding, vibrant and dynamic place to live, work and play. How better to contribute to that continued success than through a unique and rewarding career with Milton Keynes Council. So if you’re looking for an excellent benefits package and the chance to make a difference, make a move to Milton Keynes Council.
Leading a strong and stable Legal Service, the post holder will have a central role in enabling the Council’s ambitious plans and strategies by personally advising or arranging delivery of advice. A key element of the role is being the Council’s Deputy Monitoring Officer and together with the Director Law and Governance administering the code of conduct complaints process across a fully parished Borough.
- Proactively lead and manage the delivery of Legal Services.
- Deputy Monitoring Officer for the Council and a member of the Law and Management team.
- Build strong relationships with colleagues across the Council.
- Strong legal adviser and communicator
- Ability to prioritise and juggle competing complex issues
- Exercise sound judgment in the public interest
- Proven track record of managing large teams
- Strong negotiating skills
- Highly motivated and driven
- Confident in advising committees and other public meetings
Milton Keynes Council Benefits
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates.
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years.
- Option to buy more annual leave.
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
- Flexibility – with full time, part time and term time working options.
- Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
Interview Date 8 November 2019
Final interviews 19 November 2019
At Milton Keynes Council we take great pride in our Community and we hope that you can help us grow and share our vision.
Applications To - apply via MKC vacancies website https://onlineservices.milton-keynes.gov.uk/jobs/