Group Legal Assistant
Group Legal Assistant Fulham - London
Laura Ashley is a quintessentially British lifestyle brand founded on a rich design heritage and on the traditional values of quality and originality. We use prints and designs that evoke the alluring beauty of the English countryside, for the way you live today.
We are looking to recruit a Group Legal Assistant for our Legal team. The suitable person will be taking responsibility of all day-to-day legal support functions, report to Head of Legal and assisting the legal team in the following matters:-
- General corporate commercial contract work - covering a wide range of areas and in particular drafting, negotiating and review of Licence Agreements, Franchise Agreements, Sale and Purchase Agreements, Service Agreements, Supply Agreements, NDAs, Leases, e-commerce Agreements, IT Agreements, logistics Agreements, terms and conditions, heads of terms, engagement letters, letters of intent, general commercial contracts;
- providing legal advice on specific areas of law, including public company matters, corporate, commercial, consumer, IP, e-commerce and data protection, to ensure compliance and avoid adverse legal consequences;
- managing dispute resolution including commercial disputes, IP disputes (issuing cease and desist letters), ASA complaints, customer complaints, small claims and other operational legal issues, dealing with complaints and investigations from various parties;
- Be flexible given the unpredictability of the volume of legal issues and variety of legal issues which need to be dealt with by the legal team.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a paralegal/legal assistant role or a newly qualified solicitor.
• Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage tasks within a time-scale.
• Must be flexible and self-motivated team player who is able to respect and support others within the team to achieve common goals.
• The ability to produce work to the high standards required to high level of accuracy.
• Competent in Microsoft Office packages (especially Word and Excel).
• Ability to communicate confidently on the telephone, in person and in written form in a clear and concise manner.
• Professional attitude with the ability to communicate and advise all levels of the business including working with the executive management team and company directors.
• Excellent attention to detail and a concern for quality are essential.
• Must be able to work under pressure to meet required deadlines and work on own initiative and unsupervised.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy please send your CV and a covering letter, stating your current salary and benefits package to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that due to the volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted.
NB: Please note applications from Recruitment agencies will NOT be accepted