Legal Aid Billing Assistant
4 days left
- Contract type
We represent a nationwide, Legal 500 firm with over 700 staff seeking to recruit experienced Legal Aid Billing Assistants on a full-time permanent basis due to a substantial increase in work. This is a rewarding opportunity with a large firm who will support your career development.
You will prepare/process claims for legal aid cases and resolve any queries that may arise while processing the claims submitted to the Legal Aid Agency.
- Processing files to be sent to external cost draftsman for bills to be drawn up.
- Processing of Legal Aid bills and ensuring files are sent to the Legal Aid Agency without delay.
- Processing of bills with enclosures to Supreme Court Costs Office.
- Assisting with legal aid payments on account.
- Assisting with payment of Invoices.
- Processing of bills post assessment and preparing final costs certificate.
- Processing bills payable by third parties
- General administration of documents- filing, scanning and archiving
- Liaising with experts.
The Candidate -Key Skills Required:
The successful candidates must have:-
- Extensive experience in processing Civil Legal Aid Bills.
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent numerical skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills with ability to process information using relevant software (databases, spreadsheet packages).
- Business acumen
Experience in supervising will be advantageous
- Excellent training opportunities,
- Vast range of training webinars/e-library.
- Opportunities for career development and progression - role could lead to a Training contract in the future
- Supportive team environment,
- Part-time working,
- Flexible working arrangements/considered,
- Support for appropriate legal awards/recognition,
If this sounds of interest, please apply now for one of our agents to contact you.
Email CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To discuss further call: 0203 633 2336
Note: By applying to this vacancy you give Gemini Recruitment Services Limited permission to submit your CV to the hiring company.
Apply for Legal Aid Billing Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly