Commercial Finance Director
We currently have a rare opportunity for a Commercial Finance Director to join a thriving, elite boutique law firm on a part time basis who will be responsible for the financial management and commercial oversight for the business. If you have a background in professional management in a law firm, then why not apply?
The firm is incredibly successful and has grown at a fast yet sensible pace. They are renowned for the type of specialist work they handle, being leaders in their field and compete with magic circle firms in London. The preference is for the role to be based in Sheffield; however, it could be based in the Leeds office.
If successful you will be responsible for overseeing and supervising employees at the firm who handle; WIP, cash flow, client billing, debt collection, expenses and currency exposure.
As the director you would handle the following tasks (amongst other responsibilities):
- Preparation of annual accounts for external examination,
- Ensuring payments are paid on time to suppliers and taxes
- Preparing budgets, financial reports and communicating monthly management accounts
- Recruiting support staff, running appraisals and providing supervision and guidance
- Supporting the senior team and the recruitment of senior employees
- Development of staff policies regarding payroll matters
- Overseeing the financial aspects of recruitment
- Overseeing the running of the office by the office manager.
In addition, you will be involved in risk and compliance at the firm including; reporting to the SRA, solicitors accounts rules, handling the insurance and the on-boarding of new clients together with negotiating terms of engagement with them.
Whilst it is certainly not essential for the role, anyone with an interest in IT would be attractive to this law firm.
If you are interested in this role, or would like to find out more, please contact Rachel Birkinshaw at Sacco Mann or another member of the Private Practice team. Alternatively, if you know anyone who would be suitable for this role then please let them or us know as we offer a reward for successful referrals. For full terms please see our website.