This firm are seeking to establish a new employment department. They have a highly reputable client base due to their long-standing reputation. There is real demand from the firm's client base for an employment law department. You will work side on side with the firms talented leadership team to establish and drive this employment department forwards.
This boutique commercial practice, may be small in size but are powerful in impact and are pioneering change into the legal industry which has enabled them to become a leading firm in the North West as well as being ranked in the Legal 500.
The firm prides itself on their honesty, integrity and obtaining outstanding results for their client always seeking to exceed their expectations. They get a lot of cross referral work through recommendations which has put them in a strong position to establish them selves across a number of sectors.
The firm work on high level appointments with a range of clients from SME's, large corporations, multinational organisations, public and private companies and high net worth individuals and insurers.
Their employees are placed at the heart of the practice as they put a level of trust into their staff with no dictatorship. They actively encourage people to join and progress with an abundance of career opportunities. This is shown by the expansion of practice areas they have developed and the opening of 2 new offices over the recent years.
The firm are looking for an ambitious Employment Lawyer to join their Liverpool office.
You will be responsible for setting up the brand-new Employment department, while being supported by the firm in marketing and networking with the opportunity for many cross referrals. You will find that you are starting from a warm position in terms of workflow as the firm have a very well-established client base. They receive many enquiries for employment work you will be able to follow up on.
You will work on a varied and interesting caseload covering both contentious and non-contentious matters, including contract and policy drafting, discrimination issues, managing discipline and performance, and redundancy and restructurings.
This role comes with strong prospects to progress, in line with the growth agenda of the firm and an opportunity to grow and develop a team
- You will be an Employment Solicitor with at least 8 years PQE (there is no upper limit regarding the amount of experience and applications are invited from even the most experienced candidates)
- A transferable client base or regional contacts is highly advantageous
- You will have a strong technical knowledge and first-class communication skills
- You will have strong business development capabilities
- Experience of overseeing a team is desirable, however not essential
- Salary is competitive and negotiable depending on your level of experience, on offer is an excellent benefits package and bonus scheme
· Salary is competitive around market rate, which will be dependent on experience, on offer is an excellent benefits package and bonus scheme
· Excellent career prospects, no glass ceilings
This is an exciting opportunity for an Employment Solicitor to join this legal 500 ranked firm based in the centre of Liverpool.
Apply now for immediate consideration or feel free to give me a call for a confidential conversation.