Venn Group are currently recruiting for a part-time adult social care lawyer to join a South London based local authority. This is to be a long-term three-year contract with the option for it to become a fixed term role.
The candidate will be expected to provide specialist legal advice in relation to the below:
- Provide advice to the client department in respect of their obligations under the Care Act 2014
- Advise on the Council’s responsibilities to persons who have no recourse to public funds
- Deal with matters arising under the Mental Capacity Act 2005 including Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) and conduct Court of Protection cases
- Advise on the Council’s responsibilities under the Mental Health Act 1983
- Deal with both threats of and extant Judicial Review proceedings
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 3 + years’ experience in local government
- Knowledge of the Coronavirus Act 2020
- Knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Mental Health Act 1983
Due to the high number of applicants for this role, if you do not hear back from us regarding this locum opportunity within seven days then you have not been shortlisted for this vacancy.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.
If you or anyone you know may be interested in this locum position or other legal positions, then please contact Suborna Akthar on 020 7557 7667 or firstname.lastname@example.org