An exciting opportunity has emerged to join a top 200 national practice. The firm has a forward-thinking approach and a culture which has been known to allow their employees to progress quickly through the ranks within the organisation, whilst enjoying the benefits of remote and flexible working.
This firm is one of the UK's leading law practices featuring in Times 100 Best Companies to Work For. This firm offers exposure to high quality work and they are a leader in their field. Home to over 100 Partners, they are showing their willingness to promote from within. In terms of the areas of law they cover, they offer services to both the commercial and private clients across the entire legal spectrum.
The firm has a wide range of clients throughout the UK with many clients in a wide variety of sectors. They also have exceptional private client practices that host some of the most respected Lawyers in the UK.
Their main aim is to attract and retain the most talented Solicitors, and part of this is providing a great place to work. So, to support fairness and equality and to encourage a healthy work-life balance, they continually monitor and improve employee benefits.
The firm is seeking to hire a new Court of Protection Solicitor into their Birmingham office.
Many of their clients may lack capacity to handle their own financial affairs. This may arise from an acquired brain injury, or, in the case of children, they may be considered unlikely to have that capacity when they reach the age of 18.
The team provides the comprehensive service required to set up and manage deputyships within the Court of Protection. They can act as professional deputies and assist with Court of Protection procedures where the deputy is a family member.
You will be providing expert advice on…
- Acting as a professional deputy for property and financial affairs
- Assisting with applications to the Court of Protection for the appointment of a lay deputy
- The legal requirements of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and the Code of Practice for lay deputies including decisions relating to an individual's personal welfare
- Applications for statutory wills
- Preparation of personal injury trusts
- Preparation of disabled person's trusts
- You will be a Court of Protection Solicitor with experience within a fee earning position with a minimum of 1 years PQE (there is no upper limit on the amount of experience and I would urge even the most experienced to apply for this role)
- You will have broad experience in Court of Protection work
- You should have a good technical knowledge
- You should have a good billings history in recent times
- Salary is above market rate and negotiable depending on your level of PQE
Apply now for immediate consideration or feel free to give me a call for a confidential conversation.