REGULATORY/CRIMINAL SOLICITOR SOUGHT FOR TRANSPORT SOLICITOR ROLE
We require a Transport Solicitor specialising in prosecuting and defending Operators and Transport Managers in all aspects of Transport law nationally.
This is a niche practice area and full training will be given to advocates with an established track record in a relevant field of expertise.
This is a full-time position, but part-time applications will be considered. The role is available immediately.
The business provides a quality service to the Road Haulage and Passenger Carrying Vehicle Service Providers in the field of Transport and Regulatory Law.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Represent companies/Directors/Transport Managers before the Traffic Commissioner at Public Inquiries and the Upper Tribunal.
- Advising on all matters arising from DVSA investigations/ prosecutions to include representation at interviews under caution and the Criminal Courts.
- Act on behalf of the DVSA (which includes advising and representing them in relation to criminal and regulatory matters involving truck and bus operators).
The successful applicant will be at least 3 years PQE with either Transport experience or a keen interest in the field of Transport Law.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to represent clients at the Police Station, Magistrates Court and Public Inquiries.
- Higher Rights of audience is an advantage but not essential
- Ability to travel at least once per week for hearings and stay overnight at least once per 2-3 weeks for hearings further afield.
Specialising in the niche field of Transport Law, this Lexcel-accredited firm is renowned for its expertise nationally. This small practice can offer flexible working terms and personal development for the right candidate.
- Genuine scope for career progression.
- The role can be home or office based (Milton Keynes) with flexible hours
- Opportunity to earn bonus linked to fee income
o 36 – 44k (circa 20% bonus) dependent upon experience (& fees paid).
Please submit your CV to Carolyn Evans