Gemini Recruitment are currently partnering with specialist Law Costs Draftsmen (Cost Law Services Ltd) who are seeking an experienced HR Generalist with sound experience in HR matters to combine their experience with general practice/performance management of the Company and to further develop their practice towards becoming an HR Manager.
Salary: On offer is an attractive salary package, a supportive team environment and real prospects for success and promotion. The Company will consider applicants wishing to work part time, full time or with flexible working hours. The Company will allow working from home.
Accountability within a remote working culture is the norm within this business.
Costs Law Services a specialist legal billing practice, have grown exponentially nationwide to form a team of over 30 Law Costs Draftsmen and Lawyers with immense experience in all aspects of costs law. Not only do they represent a national legal aid practice on all their billing, they are now focusing on growing their client base.
Their broad spectrum of billing services across multiple areas of practice is based on a sound knowledge of the costs system and the ability to manage client expectations to ensure their cash flow is maintained.
Their work involves preparing bills & budgets in Court of Protection, Children Law, Clinical Negligence, Commercial Litigation, Family, Housing & Property Litigation, Immigration, Judicial Review and Personal Injury matters.
The ideal candidate will have strong technical knowledge and wide ranging experience of HR matters and also have developed skills in people/performance management.
The successful candidate will be part of a senior team in dealing with all HR/performance related matters. The candidate will be required to work with management to drive the Company towards meeting its business objectives. The company is embarking on a growth by increasing its client base and specialist HR support will be essential for the next phase of its development. The candidate will be involved in all HR matters that can be expected in an office environment from reviewing existing policies to day to day HR matters such as recruitment, holidays/sickness, induction, appraisals, training/development and performance management of its draftsmen and lawyers employed or engaged as consultants. The role will also involve interviewing and recruitment of candidates that will help deliver company objectives. Promoting the Company through social media activity will be a helpful part of the role.
Commitment, drive and a hunger to take the company to the next level will need to be in abundance. The company is looking for experienced candidates who will ‘hit the ground running’.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Report directly to the director and manager in providing best practice advice and guidance on company policies, terms and conditions of employment and legislation.
- Dealing with various HR queries/matters, throughout the business, reliably and in accordance with legal requirements
- All aspects of recruitment and interviewing
- All aspects of training and development
- Ensuring staff maintain CPD points and relevant accreditations
- Informing employees of their rights and entitlements and keeping them up to date on any changes that are made
- Maintain a good working knowledge of employment law and case law practices.
- Dealing with ER, performance management and ensuring line managers have effective appraisals process in place.
- Investigating and dealing with all employee relation issues including disciplinary and grievances. Coaching and supporting Supervisors, Managers and Directors through any staffing issues with the view to find a resolution at an informal stage. Take notes, produce documentation and advise on fairness/process on disciplinary/grievance/investigatory panels.
- Overall coordination of the appraisal process.
- Performance management – conducting and assisting Directors, Managers and Supervisors at performance management meetings to ensure individual performance targets are met.
- Report on key HR metrics.
- Review and update policies and procedures.
- Ensuring monthly report/reporting is submitted on time
- HR related Project work
- Exit process
- Assist in the day to day running of a busy HR function.
- Keeping up to date and further developing company policy, procedures, manuals and case management systems.
- Involved in Company strategic planning and implementation of business objectives.
- Involvement in auditing and reporting
The role will involve some occasional travel to other offices inside and outside London.
Key Skills Required
- CIPD qualified or have at least 2 years demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- HR or business related degree.
- Demonstrable experience as a HR Generalist in a commercially, fast paced environment.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage a large workload under pressure.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to influence with confidence at a senior level.
- Professional manner, pro-active approach to work and a team player
- Demonstrate the ability to work confidentially, remaining discreet at all times
- High attention to detail, proactive, able to coach and develop others through advice.
- Practice management and business development experience helpful
- Business acumen and the ability to market the Company
- Excellent communications skills to work effectively with all types of people
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills and ability to use own initiative but know when to seek guidance
- Committed team player, self -motivated and professional
- Excellent IT Skills -familiar with Microsoft Office applications and document management skills.
- Ability to mange social media activity to promote the Company
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other duties as reasonably required.
- 20 days annual leave
- Additional holiday accrual*
- Up to 4 days paid sick leave*
- Practicing Certificate renewed annually
- ACL Panel Membership and Accreditation/re Accreditation/ Reaccreditation fee paid for*
- Panel courses mandatory for Accreditation paid for*
- Access to vast range of training webinars / E-Library
- Automatic enrolment onto the Company’s pension scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye test vouchers
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Supportive team environment.
- Part time working
- Flexible working arrangements/ considered
- Support for appropriate legal awards/recognition
*terms and conditions apply
The company is committed to Equal Opportunities and embraces diversity and inclusivity of its staff and strives to ensure that their workforce reflects the diversity of the communities they serve.
About Gemini Recruitment and Equal Opportunities:
Gemini Recruitment is a leading recruitment agency specialising in legal recruitment. We provide a highly focused service specialising in placements for Costs Draftsmen, Solicitors, Legal Executives, Trainee Solicitors, Paralegals and Human resources/ Legal Support Staff. We have intimate knowledge of specific opportunities in the legal market across the UK.
Our primary aim is to deliver a quality bespoke service to our clients. We are currently handling the careers of a number of experienced legal professionals ranging from legal support staff to Solicitors. Our clients are based across the country and have vacancies covering numerous areas of law. If you are looking for your first job or want to move up the career ladder, we can help.
The recruitment process will fully comply with GDPR and other applicable laws. Background checks including CRB / DBS checks will establish your eligibility to work in the UK and suitability to the role.
If you are keen to begin your career with a firm that’s committed to training a new generation of Solicitors, apply now for one of our agents to contact you.