Venn Group are currently recruiting for an Adult Social Care and Childcare Lawyer to undertake a long term locum contract for a South London based Local Authority. The client is looking to take someone on to cover two secondees within the respective teams.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide responsive specialist legal advice in relation to a range of adult social care matters to include, but not limited to:
- Provide advice to the client department in respect of their obligations under the Care Act 2014
- Advise on the Council’s responsibilities to persons who have no recourse to public funds
- Deal with matters arising under the Mental Capacity Act 2005 including Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) and conduct Court of Protection cases
- Advise on the Council’s responsibilities under the Mental Health Act 1983
- Deal with both threats of and extant Judicial Review proceedings
- Provide expert legal advice in relation to children’s law and data protection, Freedom of Information Act requests and other areas of law as may be required
- Deal with care proceedings
The client will be looking to engage a lawyer to work 50/50 on both areas of law for a period of three years. There is the option for a fixed term contract if successful in the role.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 3 + years’ experience in local government
- Knowledge of the Children Act 1989 and other relevant legislation and guidance
- Knowledge of the Coronavirus Act 2020
The role can offer a competitive hourly rate and though the majority of the work will be done remotely there will be the expectation to attend offices at least once or twice a week in due course.
Due to the high number of applicants for this role, if you do not hear back from us regarding this locum opportunity within seven days then you have not been shortlisted for this vacancy.
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.
If you or anyone you know may be interested in this locum position or other legal positions, then please contact Suborna Akthar or Jade Gorrod on 020 7557 7667 or email email@example.com.