Top 100 UK Law firm wish to recruit a 0-4 year qualified Employment Lawyer to join a vibrant, energetic team of lawyers that boasts some of the best lawyers in the region specialising in all aspects of employment law facing a company's board or the HR professionals.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in employee relations, and a solid understanding of a range of key employment law areas, including disciplinary and grievance matters, discrimination and whistleblowing. Depending on PQE, they will bring to the role the experience and knowledge of having prepared and advised on employment tribunal cases.
Candidates should be highly analytical, have very strong drafting skills, and should be able to work in a time sensitive environment. They should have the people and communication skills to enable them to conduct effective interviews with individuals at all levels of seniority, often dealing with complex and emotive issues. A high level of planning, organisation, and time management skills will be essential, along with a strong eye for detail.
The role will be wide ranging to include, but not limited to:
- Transactional corporate support work
- Wrongful and unfair dismissal
- Redundancy and restructuring
- Transfer of Undertakings
- Restrictive covenants
- Boardroom disputes and severance claims
- Employment litigation in the high court, county court and employment tribunal
- Discrimination (including sex, race, disability and age) and equal pay
- General employment issues ranging from maternity rights to general contractual issues
- Service agreements, contracts of employment and staff handbooks
- Employment policies ranging from performance, sickness and misconduct procedures to maternity and parental leave schemes
- Client training
- Delivering seminars/presentations