Setfords New Conveyancing Transactions Department
Manager - Head of Department – Full Time
Are you an experienced conveyancer/fee-earner that wants to move away from fee-earning and into management? Do you have an eye for detail and a passion for excellence? Would you like to work at a top 200 law firm that truly cares about its people, rewards hard work not time served, creates careers not just jobs, and is currently one of the fastest growing law firms in the country? Then this is a role for you.
Due to exceptional ongoing growth an exciting new managerial role has arisen at Setfords Solicitors, one of the largest disruptor ‘New-Model’ law firms in the UK.
We are seeking an experienced Solicitor, Licenced Conveyancer or Legal Executive to manage and grow the new Conveyancing Transactions Department.
With over 100 property lawyers operating all over the country, Setfords is now one of the largest property law firms in the UK. With lawyers working remotely and back office support centralised in Guildford, Setfords now requires a new specialist department to help advise the firms lawyers, manage the transaction processes at head office, and work with senior management to ensure the smooth operation of the conveyancing process throughout the firm.
The successful candidate for this role should have 5+ years property fee earning experience, be able to remain calm under pressure, have an impeccable eye for detail and a wide knowledge of residential property.
Previous managerial experience is highly desirable; a good grasp of current legal technology is an advantage.
The role will involve:
- Overseeing the transaction process for every property transaction at Setfords using, developing and improving the systems and processes already in place at the firm. This will include the cross-checking and authorisation of all monetary payments in and out of the firm, overseeing KYC and source of funds processes and managing, reviewing and updating the firm’s precedent library.
- Identifying new and better ways to manage the property transaction process within the firm both for the benefit of the support teams and the lawyers themselves.
- Identifying and using technology to improve the efficiency of the property department processes generally
- Employing, managing and coordinating additional team members to help with the departments key role within the business
- Liaising and working with the firm’s compliance department to help oversee and implement compliance and risk assessment measures firm-wide together with file-review processes and lawyer feedback and training.
- Ensuring the firm and its lawyers remain compliant with kite marks such as CQS.
- Starting salary of £50,000 p/a
- Discretionary bonus yearly
- Private medical cover
- Life insurance
- Pension plan with company contributions
- 25+ days holiday each year