Queen’s Counsel Appointment
Selection Panel Solicitor Member
The Law Society of England and Wales is the independent professional body, established for solicitors in 1825, that works globally to support and represent its members, promoting the highest professional standards and the rule of law.
The appointment of QCs is overseen by a selection panel comprising senior figures in professional and public life. There is a vacancy on the panel for a Solicitor Member to be appointed by The Law Society. All members of the profession are welcomed to apply.
Applicants should have:
- Experience in instructing QCs and/or solicitor advocates
- Well-developed interviewing skills and experience of conducting selection processes for senior positions based on judging evidence against competency frameworks
- Demonstrable commitment to equality and diversity
- Ability to manage their own workload, and to meet targets and deadlines
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team in reaching decisions by consensus; to accept collective responsibility for decisions and maintain confidentiality.
Panel members’ remuneration is £760 per day. Reading time for meetings, time taken to write conclusions and travel time are included in this rate and not remunerated separately. Travel expenses will be reimbursed.
For further information about the role of a panel member, please contact QC Appointments Chief Executive Russell Wallman on email@example.com or on 02078 310 020.
The Law Society encourages applications from all eligible solicitors, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation.
The deadline for applications is 1200 hours noon on Friday 30 October. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (not to QC Appointments). Late applications will not be accepted.
For further information please visit the QC Appointments website at https://qcappointments.org/the-selection-panel/. For an application form and background please link here https://www.lawsociety.org.uk/about-us/join-our-council-or-committees.
Interviews will take place via MS Teams audio/video link on Thursday 12 November 2020 between the hours of 9 to 4. You will be given a one-hour time slot via email if chosen for interview. If you cannot attend an interview on this day, we cannot guarantee an alternative date will be available.