Role: Children Panel Member Solicitor (x2)
Leading law firm looking to recruit dedicated Solicitor for highly sought permanent position. Panel membership essential.
Gemini Recruitment are currently partnering with a large and established law firm. Our client serves corporate entities and private individuals in over 25 practice areas from offices throughout London and across England and Wales. Our client’s accomplishments are acknowledged and recommended in The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners, as a top tier firm.
Our client holds the Investors in People Gold Accreditation Quality Standard Mark and is LEXCEL, Cyber Essentials Plus and ISO 27001-2013 accredited and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Child Care Department Background:
Our client’s highly specialised Child Care Department was ranked by Legal 500 in 2018 for its specialism in all areas of child care work. It consists of members of the Law Society Children and Family Panel members. The majority are also members of the Association for the Lawyers for Children, and of Resolution (formerly known as the Solicitors Family Law Association) and our client is one of few firms in the UK that are on the Lord Chancellor’s International Child Abduction and Contact Unit (ICACU) referral list.
The key aspect of our client’s work is assisting guardians to represent a child and representing parents. Our client acts for children, parents and family members to provide expert advice to adopted parents and the birth parents who are considering adoption. Their department also advises same-sex couples on child care matters, including child care arrangements following divorce, separation or dissolution of a civil partnership, adoption, co-parenting and surrogacy.
Our client has acquired a number of kite-marks and accreditations which are testament to the quality of the specialised work in Child Care law that its staff undertake.
Our client has had several high profile cases, which have been reported, which include caste, underage marriages and international elements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of Child Care work including providing technical expertise and guidance to other team members
- Ability to manage and supervise Solicitors, Trainee Solicitors and Caseworkers to manage appropriate caseload types and complexities
- Assisting with delivery of appropriate training and development in the department
- Variety of duties including dealing with a range of public and private children cases including child abduction, child protection issues, special guardianship and adoption matters as well as undertaking your own advocacy
- You will have a professional pro-active approach, strong client care skills and be interested in Business Development and Marketing to supplement the substantial work volumes brought in by the company
Key Skills Required
- Registered with the Law Society and Children Panel Membership is essential
- Committed and highly driven
- Must have a clean, valid Practicing Certificate at the time of applying
- Strong management skills
- Committed team player with ability to approach team concerns fairly, foster culture of positive change and encourage cross referrals
- Previous proven supervisory experience and working to key performance indicators
- Professional with a pro-active approach; excellent client care skills and ability to deal with vulnerable clients and resolve complicated practicalities involved in child care issues
- Excellent networking and communication skills with the ability to successfully market the Company and generate new business
- Working knowledge of the publically funded Child Care work and have the ability to service privately funded cases
- Have extensive experience in dealing with all Child Care work related work and some expertise on adoption matters
- Experience in own advocacy is an advantage
- Excellent IT Skills -familiar with Microsoft Office applications and document management skills
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other duties as reasonably required.
- 20 days annual leave
- Additional Birthday leave
- Additional holiday accrual*
- Up to 4 days paid sick leave*
- Practicing Certificate renewed annually
- The Law Society Panel Membership and Accreditation/re Accreditation/ Reaccreditation fee paid for.*
- The Law Society registration fee for Panel membership paid for.*
- Panel courses mandatory for the Law Society Accreditation paid for*
- Access to vast range of training webinars / E-Library
- Automatic enrolment onto the Company’s pension scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye test vouchers
- DBS Check costs paid for
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Supportive team environment.
- Part time working
- Flexible working arrangements/ considered
- Support for appropriate legal awards/recognition
*terms and conditions apply
On offer is an attractive salary package, a supportive team environment and real prospects for promotion. The Company will consider applicants wishing to work part time, full time or with flexible working hours. The Company will allow working from home.
The company is committed to Equal Opportunities and embraces diversity and inclusivity of its staff and strives to ensure that their workforce reflects the diversity of the communities they serve.
About Gemini Recruitment and Equal Opportunities:
Gemini Recruitment is a leading recruitment agency specialising in legal recruitment. We provide a highly focused service specialising in placements for Solicitors, Legal Executives, Trainee Solicitors, Paralegals and Legal Support Staff. We have intimate knowledge of specific opportunities in the legal market across the UK.
Our primary aim is to deliver a quality bespoke service to our clients. We are currently handling the careers of a number of experienced legal professionals ranging from legal support staff to Solicitors. Our clients are based across the country and have vacancies covering numerous areas of law. If you are looking for your first job or want to move up the career ladder, we can help.
The recruitment process will fully comply with GDPR and other applicable laws. Background checks including CRB / DBS checks will establish your eligibility to work in the UK and suitability to the role.
If this sounds of interest apply now for one of our agents to contact you.