Social Housing Law Solicitor (x2) :
Leading law firm looking to recruit dedicated and experienced Solicitors for highly sought permanent position.
Gemini Recruitment are currently partnering with a large and established law firm. Our client serves corporate entities and private individuals in over 25 practice areas from offices throughout London and across England and Wales. Our client’s accomplishments are acknowledged and recommended in The Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners, as a top tier firm.
Our client holds the Investors in People Gold Accreditation Quality Standard Mark and is LEXCEL, Cyber Essentials Plus and ISO 27001-2013 accredited and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Social Housing Department Background:
Our client’s Housing team, ranked by The Legal 500 directory for its services across England and Wales, provides assistance to both landlords and tenants on all housing issues. Their practitioners are highly experienced in finding solutions to housing disputes and aim to address the issues quickly and effectively. Our client offers lawyer supported dispute resolution or alternative dispute resolution (ADR) as a means to resolve housing disrepair matters. Their department also regularly represents clients in the courts for unlawful eviction, possession proceedings and prepare applications for judicial review in cases of homelessness.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Report directly to Department Director
- Professional pro-active approach, strong client care skills and a sensitive and sympathetic understanding of clients’ needs
- Responsible for all aspects of Social Housing work and on occasions, where appropriate providing technical expertise and guidance to other team members
- Ability to manage appropriate caseload types and complexities
- Assisting with casework including dealing with a range of public and private social housing cases as well as undertaking your own advocacy
- Attending clients, taking instructions and preparing cases
- Dealing with correspondence
- Maintaining accurate time costing procedures
- Implementing any recommendations made by your supervisor following monthly file reviews ensuring that these are dealt with promptly
- Ensuring compliance with file management.
Key Skills Required
- Must have a clean, valid Practicing Certificate at the time of applying
- Committed team player and adapt well to new challenges
- Previous proven supervisory experience and working to key performance indicators
- Professional with a pro-active approach; excellent client care skills and ability to deal with vulnerabilities client matters in a sensitive manner and resolve complicated practicalities
- Excellent networking and communication skills with the ability to successfully market the Company and generate new business
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to use own initiative and sound judgment
- Working knowledge of the publically funded Housing work
- and have the ability to service privately funded cases
- Have extensive experience in dealing with Housing related work
- Experience in own advocacy is an advantage
- Excellent IT Skills -familiar with Microsoft Office applications and document management skills
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other duties as reasonably required.
- 20 days annual leave
- Additional Birthday leave
- Additional holiday accrual*
- Up to 4 days paid sick leave*
- Practicing Certificate renewed annually
- The Law Society Panel Membership and Accreditation/re Accreditation/ Reaccreditation fee paid for*
- The Law Society registration fee for Panel membership paid for*
- Panel courses mandatory for the Law Society Accreditation paid for*
- Access to vast range of training webinars / E-Library
- Automatic enrolment onto the Company’s pension scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye test vouchers
- DBS Check costs paid for
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Supportive team environment.
- Part time working
- Flexible working arrangements/ considered
- Support for appropriate legal awards/recognition
*terms and conditions apply
On offer is an attractive salary package, a supportive team environment and real prospects for promotion. The Company will consider applicants wishing to work part time, full time or with flexible working hours. The Company will allow working from home.
The company is committed to Equal Opportunities and embraces diversity and inclusivity of its staff and strives to ensure that their workforce reflects the diversity of the communities they serve.
About Gemini Recruitment and Equal Opportunities:
Gemini Recruitment is a leading recruitment agency specialising in legal recruitment. We provide a highly focused service specialising in placements for Solicitors, Legal Executives, Trainee Solicitors, Paralegals and Legal Support Staff. We have intimate knowledge of specific opportunities in the legal market across the UK.
Our primary aim is to deliver a quality bespoke service to our clients. We are currently handling the careers of a number of experienced legal professionals ranging from legal support staff to Solicitors. Our clients are based across the country and have vacancies covering numerous areas of law. If you are looking for your first job or want to move up the career ladder, we can help.
The recruitment process will fully comply with GDPR and other applicable laws. Background checks including CRB / DBS checks will establish your eligibility to work in the UK and suitability to the role.
If this sounds of interest apply now for one of our agents to contact you.