Solicitor Social Care
Management Grouping: Chief Executive
Team: Legal Services
Salary: £39,582 - £50,790 career grade
Contract: Permanent – 36 hours
Closing Date: 4th November 2020
Job reference: CEX0000115
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Child Care Lawyer to join our busy and progressive Legal Services Department.
You will be a qualified Solicitor, Barrister or (or qualified Legal Executive) with at least 2 years post qualification experience. You must have the ability to conduct a substantial caseload and to work under pressure with minimum supervision and limited resources.
You will be responsible for conducting your own caseload of children’s proceedings and take an active role in advising and representing your client in Court. You will therefore need to be a confident advocate who is able to conduct contested hearings (as appropriate).
You will need excellent verbal and written communication skills, competent ICT skills and, demonstrate a high level of commitment to this demanding area of law.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of a Standard Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Other training will be provided as necessary.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Sue Putnam on 020 3045 3911 or Laura Jones on 020 3045 3910
What we offer
- Our Choices Flexible Benefits Package includes lease car, and cash options to the value of £2,370 per annum (applies to Bexley L9 only)
- Relocation Package up to £8,000
- Career Average Revalued Earnings Pension Scheme
- Performance Related Pay
- 25/27days Annual Leave (rising to 28/30 after 5 years’ service) depending on grade plus Bank Holiday Entitlement
- Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- An excellent working environment at our fantastic new offices
- Opportunities for flexible working with excellent ICT facilities
- MyChoice Staff Benefit Scheme – Includes Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to high street shopping vouchers and online discount codes.
Bexley is an outer London Borough with the best of both worlds, located between the hustle and bustle of London and the Garden of England, Kent. Within the borough we have award winning parks, open spaces and listed heritage sites.
- Closing Date for your application: 04/11/2020
- Please visit https://jobs.bexley.gov.uk/wrlive to find out more and apply. CVs will not be accepted unless they are submitted with a completed application form.
- Anticipated Interview date: Week commencing: 09/11/20 or 16/11/20
Follow us on Twitter @LBofBexley and @BexleyCareers