Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) and Compliance Officer (CO)
London WC1V 7HP
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced compliance professional to join us.
We are a multi award winning and growing firm, with particular focus on the international tech sector. We advise some of the most exciting and fastest growing companies in the world, as well as a number of dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses. We therefore need people with engaging personalities as well as great skills.
We are a leading global expansion organisation supporting clients with expansion by providing accounting, audit, tax, HR and payroll services. Our compliance and regulatory requirements have become ever more onerous and complex. This new position would suit an experienced compliance professional looking for an opportunity to develop in an in-house role with a great opportunity to be truly involved by supporting the client services teams and business regulatory compliance.
Prevent Financial Crime: Appoint as the MLRO / CO. Reviewing, investigating and reporting to the authorities any suspicious activities submitted by the business.
Strengthen Compliance: Review current processes and manage and develop regulatory processes including collation and assessment of the AML for both existing and new clients and carrying out regular and ongoing reviews. Provide advice and guidance to teams. Lead the process required to identify, analyse and deliver best practice, as well as train client teams on their compliance responsibilities.
Enable business growth: Provide advice and guidance on changes to relevant laws, regulations and official guidance published by institutions and authorities including relevant sanction lists. Support the business to develop the processes for efficiency and governance. Responsible for regulatory annual returns, queries and audit processes.
Guide the business through any regulatory change: Interpret regulatory rules and guidance issued by the authorities. Identify the impact of change and work with the teams to implement. Represent compliance function at internal management meetings.
Working with senior management: working and regular reporting to senior management, to maintain and implement appropriate risk-based assessments and procedures and reporting directly to the Board of Directors on progress, recommendations and concerns.
- Professionally qualified, with commercial experience ideally gained within both a law firm and in-house, with international experience an advantage
- At least 4-5 years’ experience in MLRO work
- Ability to fit into a vibrant and fast moving business
- Knowledge of ICAEW, FCA or similar institute regulation and compliance requirements
- Ability to communicate the complex requirements at all levels in a clear and easy to understand manner
- Client facing experience
- Full time, with a mix of working in the office and from home
- There will be opportunities to work with clients relating to their compliance requirements.
- Ensuring client records are held securely within the management systems and data is held in line with the firm’s code of conduct and professional regulations and standards.
- Supporting the client service teams with onboarding new clients by collating and assessment / verification of new clients, negotiating amendments to our letters of engagement, terms and conditions and data processing agreements. This will involve direct contact with new clients where required.
- Ensuring all AML/CDD/EDD requirements are in place.
- Ensuring that teams comply with all relevant policies and procedures through ongoing monitoring, training and conducting regular audits across the firm to ensure compliance. Reporting findings to the Executive Directors.
- Delivering team training on T&Cs, GDPR, KYC and other regulatory requirements and changes
- Reviewing updates and news from the regulators and circulating reports with summaries and any recommended proposed changes.
- Maintaining a close working relationship with relevant regulatory bodies and where applicable representing the firm; responding and dealing with requests.
Link to website is: https://www.fitzandlaw.com/why-us/career-opportunities/current-vacancies#mlro.
Applicants can send CVs and covering letters to email@example.com