Miscarriages of Justice
Case Review Manager
Permanent and Fixed Term (2 years) roles available
Central Birmingham / Homebased (with a need to travel for case investigation purposes)
The CCRC deals with complex matters across a broad range of cases and has dealt with some of the most serious miscarriages of justice of the last fifty years.
Sometimes, though rarely, something goes wrong in a criminal case so fundamentally that it leads to a wrongful conviction – there might not have been a crime at all, the wrong person might have been convicted, or the process might have failed so significantly that the conviction is unsafe.
- Can you spot the crucial flaw in the case that everyone else missed at trial and on appeal?
- Do you have what’s needed to put right what has gone wrong?
- Are you sharp-minded, impartial, resourceful, inquisitive, tenacious and good at analysing evidence with a cool head?
- Are you articulate – able to communicate highly complex information, both orally and in writing, adapting to your audience effectively?
- Can you manage a varied portfolio of challenging cases with a positive, problem solving, attitude? https://ccrc.gov.uk/about-us/jobs/
Closing date: 11.55pm on Sunday 8th November 2020