We’re a unique law firm looking to recruit unique lawyers just like you! In return, we offer a competitive salary, great flexible working benefits where you can truly balance working from home and working in the office, underpinned by modern technology to support you to work in an agile way.
LGSS Law Ltd is a law firm owned by local authorities and delivering high quality and expert legal advice to the public sector and not for profit organisations. Our unique set up sees us working for a number of different organisations providing specialist advice in a number of areas of law.
We have some exciting opportunities for lawyers to join our dedicated teams on a permanent basis to be part of the LGSS Law Ltd family.
Vacancies in Our Childcare Team
Our childcare team deals with challenging and high profile cases across the range of public and private childcare proceedings for our client local authorities. We work in partnership with our local authority clients to ensure the best possible outcomes for the children and young people in their area. Our large and friendly team means that we can draw on the experience and support of over 50 childcare legal professionals across the three offices to meet our clients’ needs.
We are looking for a practising lawyer (a qualified solicitor, a barrister who has completed pupillage or a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives) with good subject knowledge, strong advocacy, negotiating and advisory skills, attention to detail and a willingness to learn. A proactive approach and a real enthusiasm for this area of work are critical for the work that we do.
- 2x 6 or 12 Month Fixed Term Contract (maternity cover) positions.One to be based in our Northampton office and one to be based in our Shefford office.
- 7 x Lawyer / Senior Lawyer (permanent positions).4 in our Northampton office and 3 in our Huntingdon office.
We are looking to employ a mixture of Lawyers (starting salary of £37,000) and Senior Lawyers (minimum of 10 years pqe) (starting salary of £43,500) in the team.
What we offer
- Flexible working arrangements – we offer flexible hours (including flexi leave) and remote working with the aim to give everyone a balanced work / life ratio.
- We operate from modern offices based in Huntingdon, Northampton and Shefford.
- Membership of the Local Government Pensions Scheme
- Family friendly policies including excellent Maternity, Paternity and Adoption entitlements.
- A generous minimum annual leave entitlement of 25 days, plus public holidays with the option to purchase more annual leave!
Appointments will be to either the Lawyer or Senior Lawyer (10+ years PQE) role depending on experience. Appointments will start at the bottom of the salary band.
To apply for one of the positions please send your CV and a supporting covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please set out clearly in your covering letter which position(s) you are applying for.
Closing date for the FTC/maternity cover childcare team applications: 13.11.2020 @ 12:00 midday
Interviews for FTC/maternity cover roles will take place WC 30.11.2020
Closing date for permanent role applications: 20.11.2020 @ 12:00 midday
For a copy of the full Job Description and Person Specification and details of our other vacancies, please visit our website www.lgsslaw.co.uk/careers.
PLEASE NOTE: we will only accept applications where a covering letter supporting and a CV is submitted.