We’re a unique law firm looking to recruit unique lawyers just like you! In return, we offer a competitive salary, great flexible working benefits where you can truly balance working from home and working in the office, underpinned by modern technology to support you to work in an agile way.
LGSS Law Ltd is a law firm owned by local authorities and delivering high quality and expert legal advice to the public sector and not for profit organisations. Our unique set up sees us working for a number of different organisations providing specialist advice in a number of areas of law.
We have some have exciting opportunities for lawyers to join our dedicated teams on a permanent basis to be part of the LGSS Law Ltd family.
Vacancies in Our Special Educational Needs (SEN) Team
Our SEN Team deals with challenging and high profile cases for our client local authorities. We work in partnership with our local authority clients to ensure the best possible outcomes for the child or young person in their area. The range and complexity of work that we undertake is increasing and the team needs to grow to accommodate this.
You would be part of a team of Lawyers and Paralegals. The team is friendly and supportive and we are looking for a Lawyer (a qualified solicitor, a barrister who has completed a pupillage or a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives) and a Principal Paralegal (someone without any formal legal qualifications but who has experience of the SEND Tribunal) to come in to support with the increased demands from clients as well as assist with the implementation of good practice strategies across each of our client local authorities.
- 1 x Lawyer (permanent position), with flexibility as to office base (Huntingdon, Northampton, or Shefford).This could be either a Lawyer (starting salary of £37,000) or Senior Lawyer (minimum of 10 years pqe) (starting salary of £43,500).
What we offer
- Flexible working arrangements – we offer flexible hours (including flexi leave) and remote working with the aim to give everyone a balanced work / life ratio.
- We operate from modern offices based in Huntingdon, Northampton and Shefford.
- Membership of the Local Government Pensions Scheme
- Family friendly policies including excellent Maternity, Paternity and Adoption entitlements.
- A generous minimum annual leave entitlement of 25 days, plus public holidays with the option to purchase more annual leave!
Appointments will be to either the Lawyer or Senior Lawyer (10+ years PQE) role depending on experience. Appointments will start at the bottom of the salary band.
To apply for one of the positions please send your CV and a supporting covering letter to email@example.com. Please set out clearly in your covering letter which position(s) you are applying for.
Closing date for applications: 20.11.2020 @ 12:00 midday
Interviews for this role will take place: WC 07.12.2020
For a copy of the full Job Description and Person Specification and details of our other vacancies, please visit our website www.lgsslaw.co.uk/careers.
PLEASE NOTE: we will only accept applications where a covering letter supporting and a CV is submitted.