Pensions Solicitor - Public Sector Brighton
This is what you’ll be doing
To provide advice and support on operational and policy matters, as well as litigation, organisationally and to key stakeholders across the group (including Executive Directors, CEO and to the Board), including:
- providing high quality, consistent, timely, commercial and pragmatic legal advice on legal issues and legal risks over a wide range of subjects,
- supporting complex, large and/or high-profile/risk regulatory investigations and proceedings, and
- representing and supporting the organisation both internally and externally.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- A solicitor or barrister, or equivalent qualification, with a current practising certificate in England and Wales.
- Experience providing consistent, clear, audience-tailored risk-based advice.
- Experience of some of the following:
- providing pensions, commercial, and/or regulatory law advice;
- devising and implementing a case strategy on contentious cases;
- assisting in preparing cases for litigation; and
- using evidence analysis and electronic disclosure systems and tools.
- Awareness of the pensions and regulatory environment (including public law issues) and its strategic trends and issues.
- Ability to understand and support the needs and aims of an organisation.
- As part of policy and case work, the ability to present the organisation’s views both internally and externally.
- Highly-organised, creative, resilient and self-motivated and able to prioritise a full portfolio of work with competing deadlines.
- Good advocacy, negotiation and persuasive skills.
- The potential to lead meetings and negotiations, to handle difficult situations and to act under pressure, including explaining the impact of unmanaged legal risk clearly and comprehensively calm and lucid manner.
- Acting autonomously and exercising sound legal judgments.
- Proactively identifying risks, issues and opportunities on cases and policies leading to improved regulatory (including legal) outcomes.
- Crafting solutions to policy, operational, legal and organisational issues.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of clear and achievable strategies.
- Applying different analytical methodologies to analyse, absorb and assimilate vast amounts of information.
- Identifying the best advice needed and the most efficient way of delivering It.
- Accountable for high quality legal work on cases and policies as well as the delivery of strategy.
- Accountable for identifying, advising on, and escalating (through the legal management structure) client decisions (at all levels within the group that create unmanaged legal risk and/or when these decisions are likely to create legal risk beyond the group’s risk appetite statement.
- Accountable for: the instruction and handling of counsel; and the production of seamlessly combined the group’s legal advice on cases and policy.
- Ongoing accountability to the Court and to, as appropriate, the Bar Council and/or the Solicitors Regulatory Authority, or equivalent.
And this is what you’ll get in return
- From £43,329 per annum (Inc. 10% Market Premia) with access to performance related pay and civil service pension scheme
- Flexible and Home Working
Are you up to the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for this role please get in touch with Daniel Mason at your earliest convenience on 02921 673747 or email@example.com