We are working with a leading international commercial law firm who are looking to add a talented Property lawyer to join their team based in Manchester. It would suit a qualified solicitor who has between 2 and 7 years PQE.
This is a national property group working across teams in London and Manchester. It is a large team in Manchester, consisting of 16 lawyers, spread across a full range of experience from trainee to 6 highly respected Partners.
The Manchester core property team has a diverse range of clients including national operators in the logistics, automotive and retail sectors; property developers and investors; FCA registered friendly societies; and many more.
Within this group are specialist teams dealing with Property Finance, Planning, Property Litigation, Construction and Residential Property.
This role will involve you advising a broad range of clients, including occupiers, property developers, owners and financiers, on matters including: -
- Acquisitions and disposals of investment property
- Negotiation of leases and associated landlord and tenant documents (acting for both landlords and tenants)
- Dealing with development and requisite documentation
- Property portfolio management including licences, consents and granting of underleases
- Reviewing, reporting and advising on title matters
- Advising on heads of terms
- Providing property support to other teams within the firm such as Corporate and Insolvency and Restructuring.
This role will offer you a rewarding challenge in a varied Property practice in a stable team.
We particularly encourage applications from lawyers who have experience in the industrial/logistics sector, who also act for tenants in high value and time-critical lease negotiations.
As you would expect from a leading firm, benefits are extensive and include:
- 25 days annual leave
- Birthday privilege day
- Christmas shutdown
- Holiday buy and sell and carryover scheme
- Charity volunteering days
- Smart working
- Private medical insurance
- Permanent health insurance
- Health cash plan
- Maternity, paternity, adoption, shared parental leave, special leave
- Life assurance
- Annual travel season ticket loan
- Dress for your day
- Training opportunities
If you are interested in this Property solicitor opportunity, please apply through the advert or contact Tim Batchelor at Thornton Legal directly. All applications treated in strictest confidence.
Any reference to PQE and salary are for guidance only.
Thornton Legal is an award-winning legal recruitment company covering the North from our offices in Liverpool and Leeds.