Private Client – Trust Administrator
Trust Administrator required to join the Firm’s well-established Private Client Department to be responsible for the administration of an existing portfolio of trusts. A proficient and friendly disposition is essential with the ability to work well as part of a team and the aptitude to use initiative where appropriate. Previous trust administration experience is essential. The role is to attend to the day to day management of trusts and to be involved with general trust work in collaboration with our team of legally qualified trust and estate practitioners. The role will also require working alongside Investment Advisors from our associated Financial Services company (Gilbert Stephens Financial Services Ltd).
The role will include
- Overseeing compliance with regulatory requirements for trusts (including CRS, FATCA, TRS etc) and ensuring that regulatory requirements are met and all required registrations are in place
- Responsibility for diarising and meeting key dates relevant to each trust
- Responsibility for the completion and submission of Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax and Inheritance Tax returns
- Maintaining trust accounts and documentation
- Liaising with trustees, beneficiaries third parties such as investment managers, banks, property managers and other professionals
- Administration of trust bank accounts and payment of trust expenses
- Making payments to or on behalf of beneficiaries (in particular being responsible for oversight of regular payments)
- Use of practice management, accounts and tax software (a sound knowledge of Microsoft office is essential)
The Trust Administrator will work under the supervision of the head of our Private Client Department, but the role will involve direct contact with trustee clients, trust beneficiaries and third parties.
A full-time post is envisaged but a part time position may be available for the right candidate.
Gilbert Stephens LLP offers a full range of legal services to both individuals and businesses from six offices in Exeter and East, West and Mid Devon. Our Private Client team of specialist practitioners includes full and affiliate members of STEP and members of the Law Society’s Probate Section, Solicitors for the Elderly and the Agricultural Law Association. We combine the traditional values of a long established firm with a modern client focussed service. Our lawyers work closely with a team of Independent Financial Advisors from Gilbert Stephens Financial Services Ltd. Further details can be found at www.gilbertstephens.co.uk.
Applications with CV to:-
Sarah Judd, Practice & HR Manager
Gilbert Stephens LLP Solicitors
15-17 Southernhay East