Pharmaceutical, Life Sciences, Biotech
Your new company
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified solicitor 5+ PQE to join a leading and well known life sciences organisation based in Berkshire, as Senior Legal Counsel. Reporting directly to the Director for Legal, you will provide Legal advice and support to all business commercial operations functions in the U.K. and Ireland and deputise the Director for Legal & Company Secretary, UK & Ireland, where appropriate.
Your new role
▪ Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and approving agreements as needed.
▪ Prompt intervention to manage and resolve challenges with competitors, inspections, audits, dawn-raids, etc. initiated by relevant authorities.
▪ Prompt intervention to manage contractual conflicts/litigation with assistance of external counsel as needed, in coordination with the Legal Director and Group Legal.
▪ Proactive monitoring and information and training stakeholders of relevant changes to local legislation or local requirements.
▪ Flag high-risk areas and ensure raising business awareness around applicable laws and regulations through training and day-to day interactions.
▪ Review promotional materials as required in coordination with Regulatory Affairs and Medical Department.
▪ Ensure overall compliance with applicable law of business UK & Ireland activities.
▪ Proactive monitoring and management of existing relationships and alliances.
▪ Support and participation in strategic discussions around products/partnerships.
▪ Ensure smooth collaboration with Group Legal, Ethics Compliance and Intellectual Property.
▪ Support and participation of Group legal projects as needed
(i.e. contract management), in particular for local implementation.
▪ Coordinate any interactions locally with external Legal counsel, as needed.
* Support the local Data Privacy Manager in advising on issues relating to data privacy and participate in local approval committees relating to ABPI 'related activities'
What you'll need to succeed
- At least 5 years PQE including relevant experience in the pharmaceutical sector, either in house or law firm.
- Qualification to practice law in the UK. Experience in Ireland is a bonus.
- Strong working knowledge of the ABPI Code
- Self-motivated team-player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, but should be able to work independently..
- Confident to offer comments and thoughts at Legal and/or business meetings, including local leadership team.
- Ability to manage outside counsel.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV for consideration.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.