INQUEST SENIOR SOLICITOR
South Wales based.
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Solicitor, ideally 5 + PQE to carry out Inquest work across South Wales.
The office is based in Cardiff and you will be required to attend coroners court across South Wales. There will also be some home working in addition to flexible working. You’ll be contractually working 37.5 hours a week and can manage these arounds as you wish (core hours 10am-12pm and 2pm- 4pm).
This is what you’ll be doing
- Management of Inquest proceedings
- Providing legal advice
- To investigate factual circumstances of cases
- To deal with the management of Inquest proceedings.
- To liaise with the Coroner, attend the Coroners Court and undertake advocacy where appropriate.
- You will often be called upon for urgent/emergency work.
- You will be required to provide educational seminars and to educate staff in relation to legal, clinical and risk management issues
- To monitor and suggest improvements to promote compliance with the rules of the Coroners Court
- To advise on legal issues arising in Concerns/Redress matters that relate to Inquests.
The experience you’ll bring to the team
- 5+ PQE with knowledge / experience in Inquest work
- Inquest experience desirable but will look at candidates with a senior Clinical Negligence background
- Excellent academics
- Be able to travel between several courts, across wales (Swansea, Cardiff Newport etc)
What you’ll get in return
•Salary up to £62,000 depending on relevant experience
•27 days annual leave, increasing with length of service
•Flexible working (37.5 hours)
•Long service award
•Annual employee awards
•Health and Wellbeing incentives
Are you up for the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role - then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Sarah Castle at Yolk Recruitment on 07581489697 .
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.*