Hutchison Property Group is an award winning international property developer. This is a great opportunity for a Commercial Property lawyer to join the existing in–house Legal team in our London office.
The Legal Counsel Role:
Reporting to both the Director & General Manager in the UK and the Group General Counsel in Hong Kong, the Legal Counsel will advise on all legal matters relating to the Group’s businesses and operations in the UK in particular construction and property development, sales and leasing, and corporate and general commercial matters. Duties of this role will include:
- Advising and working closely with all business functions such as Projects, Cost Control, Marketing, HR and Finance on legal issues arising from the Group’s business and operations.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating leases, tenancy agreements, construction contracts and commercial agreements.
- Providing legal support on the Group’s acquisition/disposal transactions, planning, property development, litigation proceedings, corporate/commercial and financing matters.
- Managing external lawyers and legal expenses.
- Conducting legal research and advising on legal and compliance matters and changes in legislation of relevance to the Group’s businesses and operations.
- A solicitor entitled to practise in England with around 10 years post-qualification experience in commercial property/property development or construction matters.
- Commitment to high standards, excellent legal and analytical skills and a proactive “hands on” approach.
- Willingness to improve and ability to apply legal skills to different areas of law and commercial situations.
- Good inter-personal skills and business acumen and ability to work effectively under pressure when necessary.
What we offer:
The remuneration package for this role is highly competitive and is negotiable depending on your experience and relevance to the role.
We also offer a discretionary bonus and many other attractive benefits.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your CV, marked with “Legal Counsel Vacancy” to Recruitment at Recruit-UK@hpgl.com