My Client is a market leading automotive service organisation, which prides itself on providing dependable solutions that improve performance and profitability throughout the vehicle lifecycle, to manufacturers, fleets and dealers.
The well-respected In-house legal team is a global shared services function working across the group and there now exists a fantastic new opportunity for a commercial lawyer to help support the European division.
You will be part of a team which is responsible for advising businesses within the Retail Solutions Group, supporting dealers and manufacturers create great online shopping and brand experiences that support selling vehicles faster.
This is a crucial role in a fast paced and high tech environment on an international scale. The chances are the successful candidate will have at least 2 years PQE in non-contentious commercial law and be very tech savvy. You'll be expected to interact daily with all levels of the organisation and externally, so you'll be a communicative, confident and approachable individual with a positive approach.
Day to day, you can expect to be involved in some of the following duties/projects;
* Make recommendations regarding the legal implications of new technology products, including the drafting of product terms
* Advise on the procurement of software, hardware and professional services, including the drafting and negotiation of agreements
* Work with the Privacy Team to assist in the protection of personal information and mitigate associated risk, including the drafting and negotiation of data processing terms
* Work with the Technology Security Team to safeguard data, including the provision of advice regarding hosted solutions and cloud-based services
* Provide advice on the registration, exploitation and protection of intellectual property rights, including copyright in software and product/brand trade marks
Whilst the main office is base on the outskirts of Leeds, this role can largely be worked remotely, save for a day or so a fortnight with the team to encourage a level of continuity.
If you have an interest in technology and are perhaps looking for a new role In-house, please drop me a line for a confidential discussion on the details below;
0113 467 9789