A well respected and long-established general law firm on the Wirral with strong trade union ties is looking to recruit a Solicitor or experienced Paralegal to work in its Court of Protection Team.
- Assisting on all aspects of Professional Deputyship matters from application to dealing with the administration of the Deputyship
- Managing a caseload of professional and lay deputyship clients
- Preparing and submitting lay deputyship applications to the Court of Protection
- Preparing and submitting professional deputyship applications, trustee applications and interim/urgent applications to the Court of Protection
- Providing advice regarding the Court of Protection to union clients via the free legal advice service
- Liaising with case managers, carers, clients and their families
You will be expected to conduct and manage all aspects of your caseload, including taking appropriate decisions involving the exercise of judgment, and to carry out work on other team members' cases as required.
The Ideal Candidate:
- At least 1 years' experience of conduct of deputyship/court of protection files
- Can be a qualified Solicitor or an experienced Paralegal
- Will be well organised and have excellent time management skills.
As important as experience is getting the right cultural fit and as such a team player with ambition is essential.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary is flexible and in the region of £27,000 depending on experience together with additional benefits.
- The role is full-time, but part time may be considered.
- The firm offer excellent training opportunities as well as genuine career progression.
- Family friendly environment.
If this paralegal position is of interest, please do not hesitate to contact Nick Tappin today to get the ball rolling. Please click 'apply'.