Permanent, Full Time, Flexible Working Available
Your new company
An innovative technology and world leading communications business with specialities across cloud, AI and interaction analytics and a leader in CCaaS solutions and more, spanning over 50 countries. A family ethos who always strive for the best.
Your new role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Commercial Counsel on a permanent full time basis with flexibility available for the right candidate. The Senior Commercial Legal Counsel provides comprehensive and professional advice across all Group legal, commercial and regulatory compliance matters. They lead commercial contract negotiation and as part of this responsibility they ensure proper administration and accuracy of all contracts.
Contracts and management
- Draft, negotiate, gain approval for and execute favourable commercial agreements that the Company can deliver and rely on, whether with customers or suppliers.
- Brief Directors accurately, concisely on relevant contracts/agreements.
- Fully manage contract management and control processes to ensure managers and colleagues comply with internal policy and contract/agreement approval processes.
- Ensure the timely renewal and updating of contracts as required, whether by end of term, legislative changes or changes of business circumstances.
- Ensure contracts/agreements are appropriately stored and accessible, in accordance with data protection policies.
- Track, monitor and make relevant teams/internal contacts aware of bespoke contractual commitments.
- Advise on legal and commercial risk/mitigation where required including for projects, concepts and ideas.
- Provide reliable and up to date legal advice on (but not limited to) matters of intellectual property, disputes, privacy, consumer issues and day to day legal queries.
- Maintain an awareness of international legislation to a sufficient level to be able to identify business requirements/risks and consult with suitable legal consultants.
- Manage external counsel and proactively arrange appropriate agreements/relationships exist so that individual matters can be dealt with promptly and effectively.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a qualified solicitor with 5-10 years post qualification experience and the right to practise in England and Wales. You will have relevant legal practice experience (PQE) gained either in a law firm and/or in a fast-paced, commercial in-house environment. Substantial experience of delivering commercial legal advice Demonstrable experience of managing and delivering to senior management expectations in complex legal matters. Demonstrable experience of delivering positive business outcomes. Good experience of drafting, negotiating and executing commercial contracts. Experience as an In-house legal counsel. Experience working with IP and M & A. Experience managing a team (Paralegal + Junior Lawyer (future). Experience in preparing bid/tender responses.
What you'll get in return
You'll get a friendly and collaborative adult working environment albeit virtual for the duration for now in light of current Covid-19 restrictions, with a view to returning to the office when restrictions are lifted on a flexible basis. How many days in the office at this point is yet to be decided but it will certainly be flexible for the right candidate. There is a Paralegal in the team to support you and a Junior Counsel (future role to be added).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.