Associate / Senior Associate | Commercial, TMT & IP | Liverpool | Competitive Salary
My client is an internationally commercial law practice offering advice and strategic guidance spanning the full legal spectrum, from non-contentious advisory and transactional work, to all forms of commercial litigation
My Client have an extremely busy and fast moving non-contentious commercial practice with a growing amount of information governance focussed work within the firm and are looking to grow resource at the mid-tier level to service these requirements.
- To handle an array of commercial supply-chain contracts, distribution terms and conditions (sale and purchase), franchise, agency, contract manufacturing as typical examples; which would include strategic planning advice, drafting appropriate documentation/ contracts and negotiating the same on behalf of clients.
- Participate in supporting regular due diligence exercises undertaken by our Corporate Teams
- To support the Team by providing non-contentious legal advice in connection with specialist information governance advisory work for a broad range of cross sectoral clients. The Firm does have information governance specialists within its Health business group and so no detailed knowledge relating to handling of patient data is required.
- Preparing relevant data sharing provisions for controller-controller and controller-processor relationships; advising tech businesses and app developers as to potential issues arising from behavioural profiling and commercialisation of data; reviewing and drafting privacy policies and data processing notices; advising on various aspects of direct marketing and data protection compliance, ranging from small start-up clients to listed companies.
- To provide regular training and update sessions and articles to clients, prospective clients (and for internal colleague consumption).
- Experience of working as part of a larger "project" delivery team spanning multiple disciplines (this could include regen, infrastructure, telecoms, etc)
What the firm will do for you:
You can expect to be challenged with complex legal work. Whilst they expect a lot, they really value their team members. They want their staff to stay with them for the long term, and they work hard to create a culture and environment that people flourish in.
In return for your expertise and dedication, they will provide you with the support required to help you succeed as a trusted adviser to clients and professional contacts alike.
They have heavily invested in technology to develop and refine their sophisticated work management software and communication networks. This provides you with the time and flexibility to concentrate on what matters most.
- Qualified Solicitor ideally 4-7 years PQE
- Demonstrates understanding and recognition of associated issues relating to legislation of: Consumer, Data Protection Compliance, Unfair Terms, and IP Application in practical situations.
- Good level of general commercial awareness and attention to detail
- Solid experience of advising clients in relation to all aspects of the application of information governance legislation
- Driven to create workable solutions for the commercial issues in the best interest of the clients
- Experience of drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and documentation in private practice
- Demonstrates an understanding of clients' needs and expectations
- Experience of advising clients on all aspects of information governance compliance
- Excellence in service delivery and quality of services provided through technical and service excellence
- Experience of advising clients information governance compliance
In exchange for your hard work and commitment, they will offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Charity volunteering days
- Smart working
- Private medical insurance
- Permanent health insurance
- Health cash plan
- Maternity, paternity, adoption, shared parental leave, special leave
- Life assurance
- Training opportunities
If you would like to apply for this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Simon on 01772 259121 for an informal discussion.
At Clayton Legal we passionately believe your talent matters, so we specialise in recruiting the best legal talent and connecting this to the right opportunities. Clayton Legal is recognised as the talent partner of choice with clients ranging from small legal practices to international and global law firms. Whether you are looking for total recruitment outsourcing or a single appointment, or an overview of the recruitment market our award recognised service can confidently meet your talent needs.