An award-winning international law firm has an opportunity for a Commercial Litigation Solicitor with between 2 and 6 years pqe to join the team in Leeds and work closely alongside senior team members, and supporting more junior lawyers, on a range of impressive disputes.
What makes this role stand out?
Our client is one of the UK's leading law practices and has a formidable reputation for its litigation services. This reputation lends itself to an impressive and diverse client base comprising of national and international businesses, including blue-chip clients and household name companies.
- Joining this successful team, you will be exposed to a range of commercial litigation matters, which are typically high-profile, complex cases. You will have the chance to work on matters yourself as well as assist senior solicitors and partners on the more intricate or larger matters. The team have worked amazingly well remotely and retained a strong team ethic throughout the pandemic.
- The role covers a broad range of high-quality commercial dispute resolution work with exposure to clients in diverse sectors from technology and telecoms to retail, energy and general corporate disputes. Whilst initially a broad ranging role there is the opportunity to influence the type of work you do it you have a preference for a particular kind of litigation work and there is plenty of breadth of work to satisfy most.
- The work is of the calibre that isn't typically available in Leeds, it will give the opportunity to not only work but also travel internationally if this appeals. They handle a lot of international arbitration which will frequently bring you into contact with both their foreign offices and other foreign entities.
- You will form a vital part of the team by providing strategic and commercial litigation advice and be supported in doing so in a way that fully embraces modern technology and methods.
- You will be given the opportunity to engage with both clients and colleagues nationally as well as being involved in business development activities in which you will be fully supported.
- They have worked remotely throughout the pandemic and this has been really effective, they don't foresee a return to full office working post covid and are planning for blended working with c 2 to 3 days in the office each week
- They are a modern and progressive law firm and great place to work and develop your career, their training and development programme is first rate.
- Ideally the firm is looking to recruit a Commercial Litigation Solicitor from c 2 years' PQE up to about 6 years' PQE, however this is an approximate guide and they are happy to consider candidates who have experience of dealing with complex issues within a highly accomplished dispute resolution team.
- Excellent academic qualifications are usually a pre-requisite for this team but don't worry if you have had an alternative route to qualification but can demonstrate commercial acumen as well as practical academic ability.
- The role would suit someone with first-rate client service skills who puts the need of the clients first and is willing to go the extra mile for them.
- The team has a reputation for recruiting some of the best talent around, whether that be locally or by attracting London relocators. Those who do make the move from London, who themselves pay testament to the quality of the work on offer
- Experience of business development activities and a knowledge of how to win work is desirable but not essential.
If you are interested in this role, or would like to find out more, please contact Rachael Mann at Sacco Mann or another member of our Private Practice team. Alternatively, if you know of anyone who would be suitable for this role then please let them or us know as we offer a reward for successful referrals. For full terms please see our website.