LAW Absolute is working with a local authority shared service based in London who are seeking a Commercial Contracts Lawyer for three months initially. This is a remote working role, although you may be required to attend the office on an ad hoc basis.
• The ability to provide prompt and accurate legal advice
• Negotiating and drafting skills
• Analyse factual situations, research the relevant law and apply it
• Ability to work effectively with elected members
• Draft complex and unusual documentation
• Ability to present complex arguments
• Provide robust solutions to complex legal issues
• Good understanding of Local Government practice and procedure
Knowledge and experience:
• A Solicitor or Barrister with a current practising certificate
• Experience in carrying a Contracts and Procurement caseload
• Demonstrable experience in EU Procurement matters
• Recent local government experience
Due to the urgent nature of the role, candidates are required to be available on no more than two weeks’ notice. Previous local government experience is advantageous.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually.
If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained. LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.