The British Printing Industries Federation
Full time – Permanent
Salary £45,000 to £55,000 dependant on experience.
Are you an experienced Employment Solicitor looking for an alternative to the chargeable hours and billing targets of private practice life?
The British Printing Industries Federation is the leading Trade Association for the Printing and allied Industries, and we also supply services to members of the British Office and Stationary Supplies Federation.
Our member companies range from sole traders and SME’s to large corporations. We provide a range of services to our members including expert advice on Health and Safety, HR and Legal issues.
In the role of Employment Solicitor you will be supporting our members in dealing with Employment Tribunal claims and a variety of non-contentious employment law issues. In addition you will be providing legal support to our team of HR advisers.
This role is a work from home opportunity, but you will need to be able to travel to our offices in Coventry, London and Brighouse occasionally. You may also need to travel to attend Employment Tribunals nationally and so some overnight stays may be required. You will need to be able to comply with our home-working policy so you will need some space for a desk and lockable filing cabinet, and of course a good broadband connection is essential.
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Head of Legal you will be
- providing Employment law advice to BPIF members
- providing Employment Law advice to BPIF and the HR Team
- Representing Members in Employment Tribunal cases and managing a caseload of litigated matters.
- Remaining up-dated on Employment Legal developments and contributing to the presentation of update forums to members.(Currently by Zoom)
- Writing articles and news pieces for our website and publications.
Knowledge and Experience:
You will need to be a qualified solicitor with a current Practising certificate. This is a stand-alone role, so we need someone with substantial experience of running a busy caseload of litigated employment matters. We would expect that someone with at least 5 years PQE would have the experience we are looking for, however PQE is a guide only and we will consider all applications.
Personal attributes and skills:
We are looking for a good humoured and flexible individual, able to build relationships with our members and across our multi-disciplinary teams of expert advisers. We think that you should be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and effectively
- Able to communicate effectively with both members and internal stakeholders
- Able to draft legal documentation and correspondence
- Able to do advocacy in Employment Tribunals and Judicial Mediations.
- Able to work co-operatively with colleagues from multi-disciplines
- Able to work independently
- Able to organise and prioritise tasks to meet changing priorities
- Desire to pass on knowledge and share expertise
- Good IT skills and experience of working with an IKEN case management system would be an advantage.
What you will get in return:
An opportunity to deal with varied and interesting work with no billable hours or billing targets.
A flexible work-life balance with no hours wasted commuting.
Supportive and friendly colleagues.
An opportunity to help develop the legal services offering to our members.
A competitive salary, 26 days holiday (rising with length of service) and pension contribution. We also supply you with a laptop, mobile phone and an allowance towards the cost of broadband, heating and lighting.
The BPIF is an equal opportunities employer.
If you would like to apply for this role, please forward your C.V. and details of your current or most recent salary to:
Closing date for this post is 26th February 2021. No agencies please.