Role Title: Compliance & Risk Manager
Location: Gillingham, Dorset
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Kinton Blake are delighted to have partnered with a leading regional law firm to help recruit for a Compliance & Risk Manager to join this Legal 500 practice.
Located in the firms' Gillingham office, this newly created role is your opportunity to make a real impact in the firm and to develop and implement the ‘Legal Risk and Compliance Strategy’ that meets the current and future needs of the business. This will be a varied and broad role where you will support the identification of risks and in the development of practical, cost effective solutions to manage known, or emerging, risks and meet business requirements. You will also be responsible for supporting in the maintenance of a robust practice control framework aligned to the business’ risk appetite
Experience of the legislative process with strong knowledge of legal operations, or, extensive experience in a risk/compliance role in a regulated environment is an essential requirement for this role.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of the legislative process with strong knowledge of legal operations is preferred .
- Extensive experience in a risk/compliance role in a regulated environment
- Ability to interpret and translate requirements and risk issues into practical and cost effective business solutions
- Strong analytical and report writing skills, with the ability to write concise, accurate and practical reports and guidance/procedure documents
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great organisational and time management skills, with ability to work flexibly in response to changing priorities
- A good self-manager who can take the initiative and be pro-active
- Good verbal and written communication skills, in particular to communicate complex information in a simple and clear manner
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Proficiency in using technology to enhance working practices
- IT skills to include Microsoft packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to manage & deliver projects within a fast paced & changing environment.
This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate to further develop their skills and reputation in this practice area at a firm committed to ambitious growth and where individual commercial innovation is actively encouraged.
Please note salary has been generated by Kinton Blake for guidance only.
If this sounds of interest, please contact Sophia Morris at Kinton Blake on 01273 462666 for a confidential discussion and more information or please send your CV across for immediate consideration.