Legal Cashier | Rotherham | up to £26k
For over 150 years my client has been meeting the legal needs of clients throughout Yorkshire and beyond. They offer a wide range of services to both personal and business clients and their LEXCEL and ISO accreditation's show their commitment to client service, training, and quality.
As a Legal Cashier, you will be part of the Accounts department and will report into the Equity Partners. You will be tasked with processing account transactions, performing bank reconciliations,
and ensuring full compliance with the SRA Accounts Rules.
Areas of Accountability:
* Validating and processing client related transactions onto the computer system.
* Issuing cheques from both Office and Client accounts, ensuring that they are signed by a Partner.
* Reconciling Conveyancing Completion statements
* Producing bills of Costs with the relevant financial account(s).
* Preparing and distributing daily reports
* Checking that all financial statements are balanced.
* Giving guidance to Fee Earners / Support Staff in the Practice's accounting procedures and the compliance with SAR's.
* Maintaining accurate accounts records and audit trails as required by the Practice Manager and the SAR's.
* Performing bank reconciliations
* Cheque and card payment processing
* Comply with internal and external compliance processes and regulations.
* Adhering to Solicitors Accounts Rules
* Supervising and assisting junior / relief accounts staff
What you will need to succeed:
* At least 6 months experience in Legal Accounts or 12 months in other Accounting experience or some form of accountancy qualification or training.
* To be competent with the operation of relevant IT facilities including Word, Excel, Outlook.
* The use of Oyez forms and previous experience of Legal Case Management software is highly desirable, but training will be given on the use of the Practice's database and legal software.
* Ideally experience of all aspects of legal cashiering
* Ability to read and interpret client and office matter ledgers.
* Strong numeracy skills
* Competent IT user, especially Excel, but also Word and Outlook.
* Ability to work in a fast moving, high volume data inputting environment.
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to communicate effectively.
* Proactive approach to all work tasks with fantastic time management skills.
* Ability to prioritise and multitask tasks accordingly.
If this is a role that sounds of interest to you, please send your CV across to Simon at Clayton Legal on the link provided or alternatively call Clayton Legal to enquire about other opportunities. Please ensure before applying you have the prerequisite experience outlined above.
Clayton Legal recruits for law firms and In-House departments across the UK. Based in the North West, our pedigree and service levels give those looking to move in the legal market and law firms looking to recruit a refreshingly different recruitment experience. You will work with experienced professionals, dedicated to your success. Look at our web site www.clayton-legal.co.uk for our latest blogs and legal news and to keep up to date with current vacancies.