Amazing Head of Department opportunity
Head of Property vacancy is available for Senior Conveyancing Solicitors
A friendly local Leeds based law firm are looking for an experienced Conveyancing Solicitor to head up their Property Team. The department operates out of two offices in Greater Leeds. The successful candidate will be a diligent, confident, self-motivated and experienced solicitor.
As well as running your own caseload of Residential Conveyancing matters, you will also have day to day management responsibilities including supervising and supporting staff, ensuring the firm and its staff remain compliant with CQS and be involved in growing the department. You will report to the Partners and attend the quarterly Partners meetings.
Experience requirements for this role are:
- Minimum 5 years Post Qualification Experience in Residential Property
- Experience dealing with all aspects of Residential Conveyancing
- Good technical knowledge
- Pro-active approach to risk management
- An interest and ability in business development
- At least 2 years' experience in supervising staff
- Able to demonstrate confidence and self-motivation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Day to day responsibilities:
- Managing your own caseload
- Dealing with the legal matters surrounding the buying and selling of properties
- Advising clients on all aspects of the buying or selling processes
- Dealing with file related queries either via email or by telephone
- Attending with clients, taking instructions and conducting enquiries as necessary
- Title checking
- Signing certificates of titles
Competitive Salary circa £45K-£60K DOE and a wonderful opportunity to advance your career for those with the suitable experience wanting to take on the added responsibility that comes with the role.