Litigation Fee Earner
Cardiff / Home Working
You will work for a regional law firm specialising in defending credit hire cases. The office is based in Cardiff, but this role will be home working in addition to office working (Covid-19 guidelines in place with only 25% of employees allowed in the office on any given day).
This is what you will be doing:
- You will work within a large team of supportive lawyers who are specialists in this field.
- You will be responsible for managing your own case load of defendant litigated small claims and fast track and MOJ files
- Duties will include:
- Updating clients regularly
- Liaising with third parties
- Reviewing quantum
- Valuing general and special damages
- Finalising case plans including advice as to next steps
- Drafting documents including, applications, offers, proposed orders, directions etc.
- Attending telephone conferences/applications/court hearings
- Working to Court Deadlines and Managing time
The experience you will bring to the team
- Experience in litigation is essential
- Excellent academics (2:1 degree and strong A Levels)
- Experience in defence litigation work is desirable but not essential
- Commercially aware
- A team player
- This is a full-time permanent position.
What you will get in return
- A salary up to £21,000
- A fantastic benefit package
- Home working during the pandemic
- The highest quality of work / experience
- Personal career progression and development
- Working under market leading Lawyers.
Are you up for the challenge?
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role – then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions, please contact Sarah Castle at Yolk Recruitment.
*Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying – then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities. *