Conveyancing Fee Earner
Medway Law, part of the iamproperty Group, are a growing Auction Conveyancing service based just outside of Newcastle in Kingston Park. We believe success is based on outstanding service, delivered consistently by enthusiastic and visionary people.
We’re looking for a Conveyancing Fee Earner to join our busy team on a full time permanent basis. This role is working from home but having access to our Kingston Park office is essential for when our teams return to office working so flexibility is required.
The successful candidate must be an experienced conveyancer, a licensed conveyancer or equivalent or a Solicitor NQ up to 3 years PQE. You will have experience working in a fast paced environment, working towards targets and meeting tight deadlines.
- Managing 2 Office Assistant
- Deliver an efficient and effective legal service and provide support to the conveyancing department.
- Managing a caseload of upto 100 sales files
- Reading and drafting all legal documents
- Advise clients on the technical content of the documents and their implications
- Protect client interests at all times, whilst taking precautions against potential fraud and money laundering.
- Obtain and check land registry documents and title deeds (if the land is unregistered).
- Carry out and check pre-contract searches by checking whether the property is affected by local authority proposals, leases, easements or covenants, mortgages, land tax, susceptibility to flooding or subsidence or liability for unsound building structures and repairs.
- Deal with clients, both in person and on the telephone, in a confident manner providing clear, accurate and up to date information.
Why Should You Apply?
- 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare scheme
- Work/Life balance initiatives
- Regular performance linked incentives
- Company social events
- Excellent transport links
The successful candidate must have experience dealing with conveyancing matters such as purchases, sales and remortgages from inception to conclusion. It would be preferable, though not essential, if the candidate has had experience working in a firm dealing with volume conveyancing and, if the candidate has experience in team management.