Banking Solicitor - NQ-4 PQE - London
Our client a Top 100 law firm based in London with offices across the United Kingdom have a fantastic opportunity for a NQ-4 PQE Solicitor to work in the highly regarded Banking team providing clients of the firm with high quality legal expertise within the corporate and banking area. As a Solicitor you will be responsible for advising, guiding and assist them in their matters responsible for delivering exemplary service, participate in developing client relationships, business development, admin and training as required.
KEY DUTIES AND CONTRIBUTIONS
- Advising on all aspects of law for a range of lenders including banks, building societies and housing associations, and borrowers including public and private sector organisations.
- Dealing with transactions from instruction through to post completion matters.
- Carrying out research tasks, investigations/searches of documents.
- Drafting relevant documentation in relation to the transactions detailed above, including the principal documents and ancillary minutes and forms.
- Undertake security reviews for lenders and advise on and undertake reorganisation of borrowings.
- Attending marketing activities aimed at current and new clients.
- Identifying opportunities for new business for the firm.
- Producing tenders for new work in conjunction with other fee earners.
- Effective follow up from marketing and Business Development initiatives.
- Identify and implement opportunities for cross- selling.
- Raising documentation to time and quality standards:
- Time recording
- File completion
- Demonstrate and understanding of the firm’s sector and assist with their development.
- Updating and developing skills to comply with SRA CPD requirements.
- Run own files beginning to end, with supervision from a more senior fee earner if necessary
- Required to undertake work appropriate to experience as decided by the Supervising Partner.
- Required to achieve an annual fees target for Solicitors as laid down by the Board annually.
- Required to undertake an annual number of chargeable hours for Solicitors as laid down by the Board annually.
- Post holder carries out professional activities with senior colleagues always available for advice if required.
- Many cases have deadlines imposed by clients’ budgetary requirements.
- Outgoing post is checked daily by Partner.
- Performance Assessment is carried out annually by the Supervising Partner.
- Responsible for strengthening relationships with clients of the firm.
- Ability, knowledge, skills etc to recognise area for improvements and implement change.
- Required to build relationships with external contacts with a view to generating/maintaining revenue
On offer is the opportunity to join a leading banking department at a renowned Legal 100 firm who can offer excellent quality work, fantastic career progression and training as well an extensive benefit package and salary.
If you believe you have the skill set required, please contact Ryan Pryce at TSR LEGAL 02033 266402 for a confidential discussion or email email@example.com or apply to the role below.