Assistant General Counsel - EMEA: You will work within one of the leading Data Centre specialist, undertaking key strategic group operations of their expansions within the European Markets. You will be an accomplished Corporate and Commercial Lawyer with experience in the TMT/Data field and Cross border matters. Experience of Land Acquisitions for Data Centres is Preferred.
This company is a leading Data Centre Specialist headquartered in the US. With recent expansion into the European Markets, they are looking to make their European legal team based from London. A large scaling up operation is happening in both the US and Europe with recent land acquisitions across the continents.
They are looking for an Assistant General Counsel within Europe to assist the General Counsel based in the US. You will be responsible for the legal and corporate governance support of the Europe Strategic opportunities and business objectives. As this is essentially a 'greenfield' department within Europe, you will need a pro-active, solution-oriented mindset to legal matters in order to help build the legal infrastructure in Europe. Due to the large amount of acquisitions, you will have experience within M&A and Data/TMT sectors.
Assistant General Counsel - (EMEA) within this companies London office.
- Support the European arm and be a strategic Partner by providing, business focused and sound legal advice to the European, Middle East and Africa
- Manage the legal work for complex business transactions and agreements with customers, suppliers and contractors as well as Real Estate/Construction transactions.
- Supporting all legal matters across Europe of complex legal entity structures and M&A.
- Implement global strategy and build the legal infrastructure in Europe.
- You will be undertaking Corporate Real Estate/M&A matters on the acquisition of land for Data centers.
- Support the construction, operation, sales, marketing and IT departments.
- Responsible for oversight of legal work related to Employment, benefits and company policies.
Experience undertaking Corporate and Real estate transactions is key to the position as you will be acquiring land for Data Centers as well as M&A aspects.
Experience of being a well-rounded lawyer, working in the Legal team is also Key. Understanding of the legal matters involved in house, notably Employment, commercial, benefits, litigation - or relevant outsourcing counsel experience.
- Qualified England & Wales Solicitor with minimum 10 years PQE. (Can be dual qualified)
- Extensive European Cross-border corporate experience
- Experience of cross border matters in the Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Experience within In-house and Private practice (Preferred not desirable)
- Well-rounded Corporate and Commercial Lawyer
- Experience of Corporate Real Estate matters is key
- Experience of Land Acquisitions for Data Centres is required - Please apply should this be you!
- Working knowledge of M&A, Debt Covenants, Litigation, Employment and Data/TMT
- Experience within TMT/DATA (preferred not essential)
- Language skills
This is an excellent position for an Assistant General (EMEA) within this companies London office.
Please apply for immediate consideration.